My setup (AntonioE)

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
antonioe

My setup (AntonioE)

Post by antonioe »

This is all the space I was able to negotiate with the "boss" (who, unfortunately, does not care about coffee):

Not seen is the dedicated 20A line's socket (with built-in GFI) and water line on the left side (goes behind the refrigerator whose water line is tapped - softener and charcoal filters are in the back of the cabinet to the left and above the refrig.) The small device under the steam knob is a 7-day timer that I use to turn the unit on (but not off!) in the morning before I wake up and in the evening before I get back home from work (Sat and Sun the schedule is slightly different...) Details of my circuitry in http://www.rimpo.org/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=261

Note the crude handmade portafilter holder; the blue plastic cup used to be my baby daughter's (now in her 30's and expecting her first child...): after cutting off the bottom it is the perfect 53mm portafilter funnel for the Weiss Distribution Technique (WDT - see http://www.home-barista.com/weiss-distr ... nique.html)

I removed the MACAP's bean hopper and found that a Pillsbury frozen Crescent Rolls Dough cap fits the MACAP perfectly so I dose the beans, tapping vigoroulsy the MACAP after the beans have been ground but with the grinder still running, and I get ALL the grounds into the portafilter!!!

I then perform the WDT by stirring the grounds with the long wooden skewer, remove the cup, tamp (with the portafilter still on its wooden holder) with a "wobbling" motion to "fill-in" the cup wall's imprints, and do the finishing 20-30 lb tamp over the rubber mat.

Mmmm!....

Container Store has inexpensive italian "mason jars" in a large range of sizes that are perfect for storing beans (glass and hermetically sealed!). I use a 1/2 liter one for my daily use, and refill it every 2-3 days from the larger (1 liter) ones:

(yes, it *IS* Lavazza Grand... I *DO* like a little Robusta in my coffee...)
Last edited by antonioe on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice rig.
Where's the roaster?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I didn't recognize the grinder either without the bean hopper. At first I thought it looks like George Jetson's AirPot :wink:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
antonioe

Post by antonioe »

Niko wrote:Nice rig.
Where's the roaster?
I haven't reached *THAT* level of decadence yet... next year?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Next year is in a few days my friend.
Time to talk with the Boss again for some more real estate in the kitchen.
I see a roaster for you in 2007...

Return to “Pride Page”