My 2011 model S1 Rossini setup

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
eskilbrun
Latte

My 2011 model S1 Rossini setup

Post by eskilbrun »

Rossini014.jpg
Rossini014.jpg (442.17 KiB) Viewed 21768 times
This is my 2011 model S1 Rossini setup. With a mini mazzer grinder.

I am very satisfied with my maching. Although it is a single boiler machine.
The steam capacity is much more powerful than my old Baby Gaggia twin which has a thermoblock steam unit.

My machine is the manual version of the Rossini. From what I can read on the La Spaziale web site, this model consumes 1300 watt while the volumetric dosing (automatic) version uses 800 watt. I lack no steam capacity for me or my guests. I mostly drink espresso with the occational latte and cappucino now and then.

I think it looks good in my kitchen. Later on, I'll paint the side panels red to make it look even better.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: My 2011 model S1 Rossini setup

Post by chas »

Are all Rossini's tank model or do they also make a plumbed in version?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
eskilbrun
Latte

Post by eskilbrun »

La spaziale makes both plumbed an tank versions of the Rossini.
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Nice setup. I have a S1 from 2005 and just picked up a Mazzer Super Jolly on ebay. Considering converting too Doserless. Guy on eBay sell a funnel for moch less than Mazzer ($85).

Here is a pick with my old Rockey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100505734 ... 895475066/

And a link to the funnel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mazzer-Supe ... 4ae71e0b68

I used a Doserless Rockey for 10 years and actually do mind the Doser Jolly as much as I thought I would.
eskilbrun
Latte

Post by eskilbrun »

Thanks. Your setup looks very nice too. Much more decorations than mine.

I do like the doserless versions of grinders. My mini automatic model also have separate timer settings for single and double dose as well as manual.
I keep beans in the bean hopper of my grinder while some people like to run only a small portion of beans through the grinder, in which case a timer is of no use.

I like that someone is selling funnels for a small price. The Super Jolly is an exellent grinder with even larger burrs than the mini. Which is nice.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If you haven't noticed, when you click the "Other S1 Websites" link above, there are options to go to the VI or VII websites. Either of those sites have links to the Vivaldi parts list catalog (PDF doc) which also includes the Rossini.

I don't believe anyone has sold a Rossini model in the US which is why there is no separate forum section for your machine. Not too many Rossini owners from other countries have joined either. You may be only the 2nd Rossini owner on the forum in 10 years, but welcome anyway.
Chas
Hottop P/B
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Eskilbrun, btw, when I was flying F-4 Phantoms in Germany, we flew into Gardermoen and took the train to Oslo and stayed in a youth hotel for the weekend. Great trip and city. Also flew in to Bodo for a weekend. Great place way up North, and I think the sun never set on that trip. Beautiful country side, glaciers and fjords. I remember flying through the fjords and looking for aerial cables. Stayed at the SAS hotel. Great weekend. Some great memory's from the past.
lowellw2
Latte

Post by lowellw2 »

I think the LaSpaziale models' sold by Clive Coffee out in Portland may be later model Rossini type machines. They are called Lucca A53. Just my guess.
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

From what the Clive Coffee site says the A53 is a double boiler machine whereas the Rossini uses the group boiler both for coffee and steam.
Chas
Hottop P/B
lowellw2
Latte

Post by lowellw2 »

:oops: Well, I stand corrected. I went up on the Italian website and the Rrosinni is a single boiler machine.
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher
GreggSR

Post by GreggSR »

Very nice!

Return to “Pride Page”