My new machine

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
az erik

My new machine

Post by az erik »

Arrived pretty safe yesterday. Unboxed with the UPS guy there, tray got pushed up but that's it. Wiped down, plumbed and started playing. Havn't really set the dose yet but so far 15.8g of decaff or my Spro blend put it to a very enjoyable cup. My wife said "Much smoother and no grinds in the cup, I like plus it's quiet!"

I have got to figure out if the degrees shown are actually right. I had a more striped pull @ 100 than @ 108, @ 108 it went blonde faster but was smoother,6 seconds PI @ 35psi. The Dose is about 3 seconds too long as well. Seriously need a 4 hole tip though, it came with a 3 and 6oz milk in a Toriod pitcher took about 15 seconds to steam, next to no foam. Tamping with a 52mm tamper (flat bottom to boot!) is kinda a pain :)
Endo

Re: My new machine

Post by Endo »

Nice.

My "Non US" V1 Mini came with the 3 hole tip too. I order the new 4 hole tip and 1C temp strip from CCS when it first arrived.
az erik

Post by az erik »

I can't find that 1c strip on CC's site. Going to call him tomorrow. Got a gift cert to burn there :) Mic out my PF tonight and order the replacement base for my RB I love my stubby, just wish RB had a stubby Wenge :)
Endo

Post by Endo »

Yes. You need to call for the 1C strips. Not a big request item I would think.

You might want to order a spare brass diffuser and a no-burn 4 hole tip ( slightly slower than the stock 4 hole) at the same time. Both cheap and handy. You'll need to save up for the timer. But that's the usual next step. :lol:
az erik

Post by az erik »

Got the 1c strip, timer, 4 hole tip and extra shower screens on the way. Currently I've just about got the steaming down to useable but the 4 hole should bring me back to silky goodness.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Don't forget to order an extra brass diffuser to go with the extra screen set. This is the part that attracts all the coffee, so it's nice to be able to swap out all 3 parts, continue shots and scrub later.
az erik

Post by az erik »

Was going to but don't know which diffuser I actually have. I have to crack the S1 open for a couple of things, my rattle is back, add the timer and quiet that fan. figured on doing a 'spring cleaning' with the screen swap at that time, on a new machine with maybe 25 pulls on it.. haha
Endo

Post by Endo »

az erik wrote:Was going to but don't know which diffuser I actually have.
Doesn't matter. They both fit, and CCS only sells the new thinner brass diffuser.
az erik

My new machine

Post by az erik »

Bummer, going to have to get something else, might as well get a new boiler gauge, would like the single again if they have it.

Return to “Pride Page”