My pride and joy

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Lovey

My pride and joy

Post by Lovey »

G'day all,
At the risk of sounding cliched, 'long time lurker first time poster' :oops: .
Here's a pic of my current set up which replaced my Giotto premium.
Mini Vivaldi II, Macap M4, Sunbeam 'bang bang' knock box, Bumper tamp stand and a Coffeelab tamper which has replaced the Espro (which is still in the picture).
After re-learning my dosing and tamping technique, I'm getting some good shots out of it, with the occasional great shot. Still a long way to go to get the (insert deity of your choice here) shot, but I'll keep on trying.
All the best,
Steve.
Attachments
IMGP1396 HB.jpg
IMGP1396 HB.jpg (92.13 KiB) Viewed 8295 times
oton

Re: My pride and joy

Post by oton »

Welcome Lovey. :smile:

Why replace a Giotto premium with a S1? Temp control perhaps?

When you have more experience, could you tell me the differences -shot taste wise- between the Giotto and S1? Thx.
Lovey

Post by Lovey »

G'day Oton,
thanks for the welcome and your help when I was seeking info on the La Spaz prior to purchase.
I'd always wanted one of these but they were only available plumbed in when I was buying the Giotto, they're also not very common in Australia.
Once the mini came along and I found a good supplier, I thought I'd jump at it. Another reason was although the Giotto looked great when it was shiny and clean, keeping it that way became a bit of a chore :oops: .
All the best,
Steve.
symbology

Post by symbology »

Welcome to S1Cafe Steve. Nice looking setup.

I (as suggested on this site) found that keeping the dose for a double below 16 grams helps with the channeling and gave me more consistent shots.

Enjoy the Mini.... :)

Return to “Pride Page”