Roast to Rosetta

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Endo

Roast to Rosetta

Post by Endo »

Just playing around with my Canon camera and put togther a little photo sequence:
My Latest Roast (best yet!)
My Latest Roast (best yet!)
1_IMG_2481 (480x390).jpg (72.38 KiB) Viewed 8625 times
Nice Naked Pour
Nice Naked Pour
2_IMG_2478 (480x332).jpg (49.1 KiB) Viewed 8625 times
Post Shot Puck
Post Shot Puck
3_IMG_2472 (480x345).jpg (47.87 KiB) Viewed 8625 times
Rosetta
Rosetta
4_IMG_2479 (480x320).jpg (43.59 KiB) Viewed 8625 times
slo
Barista

Re: Roast to Rosetta

Post by slo »

Beautiful!

Nice even roast. City + is my guess but light is tricky. The silver skin looks the same color as the beans which is more FC+ but it also depends on the beans... They look good anyway.

Gotta give it to ya! This was a very nice poor. Very even and stripped. There is a tiger that is looking for his tail!!!

Don't know about the puck and why you are showing it to us but it is a nice picture...

Very nice Rosetta with very fine ribs! You can tell how rich and tasty it will be just by looking at it.

Like I wrote; Beautiful!
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Endo

Post by Endo »

Thanks for all the nice words.

I must say, I was pretty happy with this roast. It was a bit of what I would call a "jungle blend" (a bit of everything I have). But at least I wrote it down this time:

4oz Brazilian Santos
4oz Tanzanian Peaberry
4oz Papa New Ginuea
1.5 oz Sumatra Mandehling

Roasted to city+ as you say (18:45, just past 2C on the Behmor).

This shot was 4 days after roast. The taste was great, but it did produce a bit too much crema (but awesome tiger striping pictures). The photo I showed above was at the end of the shot. Check out this photo of the same shot after 10 seconds. BIG crema!

By the way, this is with my Mazzer SJ grinder. I just can't seem to get shots nearly as pretty and centered with my Vario.
Attachments
Mega Crema !
Mega Crema !
5_IMG_2474 (480x331).jpg (49.07 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:Roasted to city+ as you say (18:45, just past 2C on the Behmor)..

Which is it? City+ or "just past 2C" which is FC+?? A nice looking roast either way but it does look closer to FC+ then City+ judging by the centers. That's a nice fat pour for the Vivaldi. Lots of crema? How soon after the roast?
Endo

Post by Endo »

JohnB wrote:Which is it? City+ or "just past 2C" which is FC+?? A nice looking roast either way but it does look closer to FC+ then City+ judging by the centers. That's a nice fat pour for the Vivaldi. Lots of crema? How soon after the roast?
Actually, since I'm using a lot of very different beans and the Behmor has a rather slow cooldown, I believe some made it past 2C, other didn't. So maybe City+ / Full City is the best description.

(For those of you less familiar with roasting, you can make your own guess based on this):

http://www.sweetmarias.com/roasted.pict-guide.php

4 days after roast seemed like the perfect rest this time.

Almost all gone now. On to the next batch!

I don't think I'm saving much money with this roasting. Seems everyone wants a "sample bag" when they come over. Sure makes a nice little gift though. I may just do all my Christmas shopping this way! :lol:
txrpls

Post by txrpls »

I would say a city roast. I recently reduced my roasting times and now I am getting some wonderful flavors that I have never experienced before. Previously I was roasting way to dark. I find that the light roast, just barely into the second crack, produces much more flavor.

Return to “Pride Page”