Unorthodox steamer usage

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
MichaelN

Unorthodox steamer usage

Post by MichaelN »

This morning I was making an early run to the airport and was really crunched for time. I had exactly enough time to go through my normal routine and to make a double cappuccino for the ride in. However, just before making my beverage I noticed that the shirt that I had put on in the dark now appeared very wrinkled in the morning light. This of course would require changing my entire ensemble or taking off and ironing my shirt. Both options would take up valuable time and would mean forgoing the coffee.

On the fly, I improvised and came up with a third option. Utilizing the 2.5L, 1250 Watt steam boiler and 4x 0.9mm holes in the steam wand of my S1 I was able to steam my shirt whilst still wearing it and brewing my dopio espresso at the same time.

The result was a nice smooth & crisp shirt and a smile on my face the whole ride into the airport while enjoying my double capp.

What a great day; thanks to my S1!

Michael
BobUSN

Re: Unorthodox steamer usage

Post by BobUSN »

Hahahahahahaha...:drunken: :lol: :drunken:
Endo

Post by Endo »

I LIKE !

Still my favourite though is making scrambled eggs in the pitcher with a steam wand. :shock:
MichaelN

Post by MichaelN »

Endo wrote:Still my favourite though is making scrambled eggs in the pitcher with a steam wand. :shock:
I'm impressed; though, I doubt I'd risk gumming up my steam wand giving that a try.

I just used my S1 to steam clean my good wine glasses. They've never looked better.
Endo

Post by Endo »

MichaelN wrote:
Endo wrote:Still my favourite though is making scrambled eggs in the pitcher with a steam wand. :shock:
I'm impressed; though, I doubt I'd risk gumming up my steam wand giving that a try.

I just used my S1 to steam clean my good wine glasses. They've never looked better.
No problem gumming up the steam wand with eggs. I'd worry more about eggs flying on your clean shirt.
:grin:

Steam cleaning wine glasses? Doesn't that risk cracking the thin glass from thermal shock?
MichaelN

Post by MichaelN »

Endo wrote:Steam cleaning wine glasses? Doesn't that risk cracking the thin glass from thermal shock?
The wine glass steaming is recommended by the manufacturer: http://www.riedel.com/index.php?article_id=353&clang=0

They just show the glasses being held over a pot of boiling water, which works well enough. For me, I'm just looking for any excuse to be in front of my S1... I know, I know, you are going to say drink more coffee if you want more S1-quality-time. However I'm up to 6 shots already for the day and have a friend dropping in shortly for a few more cups. Any more and I risk popping a blood vessel.

Michael

Return to “Pride Page”