We need some pics here

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
ishcoco

We need some pics here

Post by ishcoco »

Hi all - I am surprised that there are not any pics here. Surely, there are some cool setups out there. I will post mine once I get it plumbed in, as no one wants to see a hose sticking out of a 5 gallon Sparkling Spring bottle. Bring on the pics - she's a beautiful machine! :D
zak42

Post by zak42 »

Here's my week old S1 (and collection of missfitting tampers)

Here's some rather poor early milk

I've been really happy with the machine so far, other than what feels like a tamper fiasco :? (2 good tampers, a RegB & Espro, neither of which are good fits in the double baskets I have) I love that its so quiet!, the flojet pump is by far the loudest thing now.
ishcoco

Post by ishcoco »

zak42 wrote:Here's my week old S1 (and collection of missfitting tampers)
What kind of mat do you have under the tampers? The red looks great, btw.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Zak42: You definitely need a better tamper. Those two pours on the left appear to exhibit severe channeling. The color of the pour on the upper right is more in the ballpark.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
zak42

Post by zak42 »

Tamper - Yeah, been having channeling problems, I have a small base on order from Reg, I'm hoping that'll help clear things up. (That reminds me i need to call Chris about returning the espro).

The mat is just a black kitchen cloth doubled up, I picked them up from bed bath & beyond. They work great.
hlsheppard

A few of my pics

Post by hlsheppard »

Here's a few pics of my 3 week old machine with my tried and true Malabar Gold espresso blend. I really like this blend in the fall and winter months. It's got a great "kick" and you just can't beat the monster crema.
Being fresh roasted helps, too... :wink:

Here' some pics of a shot being pulled:

Return to “Pride Page”