work in progress..

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
spazola

work in progress..

Post by spazola »

next step pre-infusion mod.
Attachments
n.grinder_w.o._port_f..jpg
n.grinder_w.o._port_f..jpg (244.64 KiB) Viewed 14589 times
Endo

Re: work in progress..

Post by Endo »

Welcome Spazola!

Wow. I think you qualify as best grinder on this forum!

What's the deal with the hopper hole in the shelf? Wouldn't it be easier simply to remove the shelf or move it up?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:Welcome Spazola!
Wow. I think you qualify as best grinder on this forum!
Some of us might dispute that claim but he definitely gets the strangest looking hopper award! :shock:
spazola

Post by spazola »

The hopper solution question.

The hopper that comes with the Nino is big enough to turn upside down and host sports events in. At the same time the Nino isn't a happy camper without a couple inches of beans above the top of the chrome neck. This characteristic has been discussed on HB. Anyway I struggled to come up with a easy hopper solution that didn't look like an obvious change in the grinders design.
The bigger challenge is dealing with the fact that I'm a guest worker in the wives kitchen.. The funky old radio that lives on the normally crowded shelves above the grinder is much beloved by the chef and relocation of it isn't an option (lest we push it and start a discussion over why one needs such a expensive a big grinder in the home). 31 years of marriage to the same woman who works at being a great cook requires knowing certain kitchen rules and how to carefully break them. :lol:
The K30 twin hoppers happen to fit right into the Nino's neck without modification. They are -relatively- inexpensive and well made. I considered cutting the hopper down to fit under the non negotiable shelf location but instead came up with the alternate idea of cutting a circle in the plywood shelf. It works great. My wife accepted the idea without hesitation ("gee you could use that method to put tall plants on shelves") what have I done??.. It may qualify as a bit of thinking outside the box and it would probably look much nicer it the shelf were glass or thick plex. But that might also reduce the small pleasures one gets from watching the controlled expressions of visiting neighbors who have their show kitchens but dine out all the time.

Espresso,what a great hobby in so many ways. :lol:
BobUSN

Post by BobUSN »

I love it. Your own little "cone of silence!" Nice work all around.

Take care of that chef. They are hard to come by, as you know!
JmanEspresso

Post by JmanEspresso »

Very nice!

Man... I love the Nino :-)
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

JmanEspresso wrote:Very nice!

Man... I love the Nino :-)
+1

The rational for the choice of hopper is flawless. The hole in the shelf a little more outside of my range of taste but if it works with the kitchen master....
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Dodger1

Post by Dodger1 »

Just goes to showcase the old adage that when there's a will, there's a way. :occasion5:
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Oh! And I forgot to mention the very ingenious usage of the tamper hinges.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
GreggSR

Post by GreggSR »

Very nice work in progress!

Return to “Pride Page”