Just Another HD Video

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Endo

Just Another HD Video

Post by Endo »

Here's a new HD video of a bottomless extraction from this morning.

Not much point....just wanted to try uploading an HD video to Vimeo in order to compare it to YouTube.

Not as tight as my last 25 second ristretto video. Closer to a regular 25 second espresso shot.

http://www.vimeo.com/10159537
Niko

Re: Just Another HD Video

Post by Niko »

Nice vid, Endo.
Pours a little too fast for my taste of espresso - that one was probably too bright for my palate to handle. I like my pours at around 37-45 seconds (I know it sounds slow) but watching those long slow thick pours gets my heart rate going before I even begin drinking :bounce:
I did notice the glass moving kind of like those old football games where the little guys would vibrate across the board :lol:
Endo

Post by Endo »

Niko wrote:Nice vid, Endo.
Pours a little too fast for my taste of espresso - that one was probably too bright for my palate to handle. I like my pours at around 37-45 seconds (I know it sounds slow) but watching those long slow thick pours gets my heart rate going before I even begin drinking :bounce:
I am like you. I prefer the ristrettos.

In this video, to be different, I was going for a regular double espresso. Last time I did an HD video I went for the ristretto and some people commented they wanted to see it faster (and someone even asked if it was shot in slo mo) :lol: . The reality is, there are always folks that prefer one over the other. It's just personal taste.

Niko wrote:I did notice the glass moving kind of like those old football games where the little guys would vibrate across the board :lol:
Yes! I didn't even notice that until Bob pointed it out! :shock: I think I had a little water left over on the bottom of my glass after cleaning and it skated a tiny bit. It's actually the first time I've ever seen a glass move on my Mini Vivaldi.

This machine has the quietest vibe pump with the least vibration of any machine I've tried (much quiter than my Silvia or Anita). The pump is rubber mounted well in the back on the heavy steel frame, so there is very little sound or vibration. It's probably the closest you can get to a rotary pump. The cheap mic on my camera makes it sound much worse than it is. The mic is so sensitive it picks up sounds of my kids screaming in the basement if you listen carefully. :lol:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

You think your pump is quiet?? :shock: I couldn't believe how loud it was.
Endo

Post by Endo »

I think the mic on the camera is seriously boosted and very directional since it's made for picking up voices dozens of feet away outside (not vibe pumps 1 foot away). Like I said, it's nowhere near as loud as in the video. I've heard several people describe the Mini Vivaldi it as the quietest vibe pump machine made. I haven't tried any quieter so I really can't really argue with that.

Return to “Pride Page”