Crys & Bob's New Vivaldi!

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
BobUSN

Crys & Bob's New Vivaldi!

Post by BobUSN »

As promised, for anyone who is interested, shots of our new S1V2 are at the links:

Unboxing shots by Crys here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crysphotom ... 5738/show/

Set up shots by Bob here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobusn/set ... 8583/show/

Many thanks for all the help from the community here as we researched and executed this purchase! More shots to come…
Dodger1

Re: Crys & Bob's New Vivaldi!

Post by Dodger1 »

Thanks for sharing that with us Bob.

When I un-boxed my new Mini II I was just like a little kid, who just discovered the gift of their dreams under the Christmas tree :grin: 8)
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

It must be nice to finally have it after the extra long wait. No p/i for now I guess. Did you check the local plumbing supply shops for that T fitting you need?
oton

Post by oton »

Very niiice photos! You/your wife are professional photographer, right?
What is that cd/dvd that appears in one pic??
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

oton wrote: What is that cd/dvd that appears in one pic??
Yes, I m wonderng about that, too. It's a new addition.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Very nice, I get excited all over again every time I look at someone's new coffee equipment.
Also noticed in your profile that you seem to be an audiophile 8)
What's your brand of loudspeaker?
Crank up both Vivaldis (man and machine) for some music and espresso :headbang: :headbang:
BobUSN

Post by BobUSN »

Hi folks!

Woo-hoo, this Vivaldi is awesome! Thanks again, everyone, for all your help, and the comments.

@Dodger1—Yes, that's the feeling!
@JohnB—Home Depot couldn't come up with a workable tee during our frantic visit Monday, and we didn't have a chance to check anywhere else. I should have it from ChrisCoffee sometime Wednesday. They apologized profusely & Chris called me himself today to ensure I was a satisfied customer. I don't know what I'm missing with the p/i, but we'll have it soon enough.
@oton, @chas—That DVD holds milk-steaming videos. Chris highlights a number of machines, but we've only watched the Vivaldi chapter so far…after I had steamed a perfect pitcher with the 0.9mm. I'm already Vivaldi-spoiled.
@Niko—Our mains are a three-channel set of Waveform Mach 17s (bought new in 2000), with ATC SCM150s (bought used in 2007, heavy as the dickens) for surround.

Chris told me tonight he has a fellow on staff who will be working up some more videos, including updates to the ones already posted. Keep your eyes open for them.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

That steaming dvd has been going out for at least 2 years+ as I have one around somewhere.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Hey Bob,

Does your signature mean you were a former Barista at Starbucks who is now retired? Or is that simply your old espresso machine? :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the new machine and glad to hear you're happy with the foam. I call it "Vivaldi Apple Foam" (since that's the only Latte art you can make out of the stuff!! :twisted: ) Then again, I didn't get the steaming DVD.....maybe that's what I'm missing. :roll:
BobUSN

Post by BobUSN »

Ha, Endo, I laughed about that myself! I was never a Starbucks Barista, but I used the heck out of that machine for a few years. I think you can see it in a couple of my pics, dwarfed by the Vivaldi. It's a great little machine, but now it, along with a little grinder, will go to my Dad's. The closest thing they have to good coffee within 60 miles of his place is Dunkin Donuts—and even that is a 30-minute drive—so we typically have to go through serious withdrawal when we visit.

It's not pretty.

Now all I have to do is remember to take fresh beans…

Return to “Pride Page”