New Side Panels?

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
Endo

New Side Panels?

Post by Endo »

I thought I read somewhere that someone (Chris Coffee?) was working on some new side panels (metal I assume) that would be available as an upgrade.

Anyone heard what happened to this?

While they're at it, a metal drip tray would be a nice option too. I'd love to be able to "pimp out" my machine.
JohnB

Re: New Side Panels?

Post by JohnB »

You should have gone for the E61 SMB! I doubt they'd ever get a metal tray to fit as well as the molded stock one plus the plastic doesn't get hot. I think some nice Cocobolo side panels to match my p/f handle would be nice. I'll have to talk to les! :twisted:
Endo

Post by Endo »

I've grown to love the plastic as well. Still, it's always nice to have options.
oton

Post by oton »

I totally second that.

Well, i do not have a Vivaldi (yet, i hope ;-) ) but it will be cool Metal Side Panels and Metal Dip Tray, please!! Something that matches Vivaldi rear i think.

About the plastic... well, if the plastic it's high quality.. it's ok.. but it's plastic, you know. :tongue:. Past week i played with a Bezzera BZ07... man, I don't understand how can they put that horrible plastic power button imitating chromed stainless steel that totally feels like cheap chinese garbage on a +$1000 machine.
Endo

Post by Endo »

I still think La Spaziale chose well on which parts to make plastic and did a good job on those parts. Still, I understand some people just don't like the look since it seems "cheap" to them.

For these people, and in keeping with the "upgrade" philosophy of the S1, it would be nice to have some optional steel panels and drip tray. I bet Chris might be working on these right now (possibly in secret?)
Niko

Post by Niko »

Metal side panels might be even more painful to install than the plastic ones. The current ones have a little give so they'll bend a little when you install them. I couldn't imagine the metal being any easier :scratch:

But hey, I agree with you - I'd love to have some metal ones and I'll be a guinea pig or test rat.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Niko wrote:Metal side panels might be even more painful to install than the plastic ones. The current ones have a little give so they'll bend a little when you install them. I couldn't imagine the metal being any easier :scratch:

But hey, I agree with you - I'd love to have some metal ones and I'll be a guinea pig or test rat.
I have the new panels. Come on and off like a dream.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Endo wrote: I have the new panels. Come on and off like a dream.
You miss a lot of the S1 experience w/o all the cussing and burnt knuckles! :angry4: :angry5:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Yeah!
Where's the fun in that?!
My VII panels are no problem, it's those damn panels on my older machine :twisted:
oton

Post by oton »

Well... any news?? :roll:
Endo

Post by Endo »

Last time I heard was in a posting from Chris on one of the other sites. Nothing since. I guess it never worked out.

I would think if they came up with something stainless, it would also require a change to the front of the drip tray to make it match.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Stainless is for antiques! Carbon fiber sidecovers & drip tray?? :shock:
For those handy with a hair dryer: http://www.stickon.com.sg/shop/product. ... roduct=226
Endo

Post by Endo »

Hey cool!

I'd like to try a carbon fibre in-lay pattern on my side panels (with 1 inch plastic edge). I'd like to add a chrome S1 badge in the center of the side panel as well.

Or how about clear Lexan side panels with a 1 inch black plastic border so you can see the cool insides!! Yeah baby!

Pimp my S1 !! :bounce:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:Hey cool!

I'd like to try a carbon fibre in-lay pattern on my side panels (with 1 inch plastic edge). I'd like to add a chrome S1 badge in the center of the side panel as well.

Or how about clear Lexan side panels with a 1 inch black plastic border so you can see the cool insides!! Yeah baby!

Pimp my S1 !! :bounce:

Rumor has it you are selling off all your expensive equipment & moving to a Buddhist monastery with a Gaggia Classic & a Hario hand mill!! :lol:
Endo

Post by Endo »

JohnB wrote: Rumor has it you are selling off all your expensive equipment & moving to a Buddhist monastery with a Gaggia Classic & a Hario hand mill!! :lol:
ROFL. :lol:

Funny how defensive some people get about their expensive toys on the H-B site. I seem to have a "gift" for hitting the sensitive spots. Oh well.

In hindsite, I think I may have went a bit "over the top" with my Vivaldi purchase. A single boiler machine like the Alexia/PID would probably have met my needs. Still, I'm not planning on selling.... now that I have all the steam tips! :lol:

Besides....I'd miss chatting with all you folks too much! ;-)
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Unless I count the Krups steam toy my ex gave me 20 years ago that never made it out of the box I was shopping for my first machine when I started researching what I would buy in Nov 07. Started out comparing the Gaggias to the Silvia, quickly moved on to single boiler machines, then on to the HX class & finally narrowed the list down to either the Vetrano or the Vivaldi. I wanted a machine I would be happy with for many years with no regrets. Why settle for something that just meets your basic needs when you can have something special that won't leave you wishing for more every time you use it??

33 years ago this month I took out a loan & bought a brand new Silver Smoke BMW R90/S. List price was $3950, about twice the price of the Hondas/Kawasakis/Yamahas that my friends were buying. That didn't matter as the first time I laid eyes on one I knew that was the bike for me and nothing else would do. I few months after picking up the bike I told my soon to be ex first wife to sign the papers when they came through, loaded up the bike & put 30,000 miles on the S the first year I owned it. It took me across Canada, all over the western U.S. & through much of northern Mexico. I've ridden it across the U.S. 3 times since then & on many long trips in between. In 110,000 miles it has never left me stranded anywhere & I have taken it through some God forsaken areas that would have taken days to walk out of. I went through the bike several years ago & brought it back close to as new condition so it leads an easy life these days. Current market value is 4 times what I paid for it but its not for sale. I could have settled for less but I'm VERY happy that I didn't.

Enjoy your MIni & quit worrying about what it cost.
Last edited by JohnB on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oton

Post by oton »

Endo wrote:
JohnB wrote: Rumor has it you are selling off all your expensive equipment & moving to a Buddhist monastery with a Gaggia Classic & a Hario hand mill!! :lol:
ROFL. :lol:

Funny how defensive some people get about their expensive toys on the H-B site. I seem to have a "gift" for hitting the sensitive spots. Oh well.

In hindsite, I think I may have went a bit "over the top" with my Vivaldi purchase. A single boiler machine like the Alexia/PID would probably have met my needs. Still, I'm not planning on selling.... now that I have all the steam tips! :lol:

Besides....I'd miss chatting with all you folks too much! ;-)
About your post on HB... Well, my MiniVII costs the same than the money I earn in about 2 months. :-( But hey, this machine has introduced me into a world that was completely unknowed to me; and from first day I'm still enjoyed it as a kid; this is priceless. And serve good drinks to familiars and friends (and they recognize it) is priceless too.

By the way, I just buy a laptop that costed me near the miniV price... And what I have? A stupid computer that tomorrow will be outdated and I'm completely sure that it will not give the same satisfactions and feelings that I have with my MiniV.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Endo wrote: In hindsite, I think I may have went a bit "over the top" with my Vivaldi purchase.
What do you mean by "over the top"? I don't understand the concept. :scratch:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
HeeBeeGB

Post by HeeBeeGB »

Side Panels? :shock: Im waiting for the hydraulic suspension (wonder what that will do for the boiler stability) and waiting to install the rope lights. :bounce:

Actually, I hear the panels are still being worked on....
oton

Post by oton »

HeeBeeGB wrote: Actually, I hear the panels are still being worked on....
By whom?

Return to “Accessories”