Illy Biennale Cappo Cups

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
JohnB

Illy Biennale Cappo Cups

Post by JohnB »

My first Illy cups! I needed some cappo cups as my Bodums were dying off & found these on Ebay for a good price. Niko wanted to see them up on the cup warmer so here they are. Hard to get a good shot of all the script on one cup so I mixed up the languages.

ImageImage
Bushrod

Post by Bushrod »

Very nice!

I'm lucky that my wife got me one at a hotel downtown. I have the blue one from the 51st (the year before yours). She's also gotten me a Rufus Willis bar espresso cup and a plain white cappucino cup. I noticed that the nice cup was more like 4 oz while the white cup was closer to 6 oz. When she got the white one, she told me that she would have gotten the purple 51st cuop but didn't think I'd like it. Arg!

We also have a shop near here that is selling off their old Lavazza stuff. I got a demi for $1.50 and a 4 oz cappucino for $2. Both made by IPA.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I like how your wife "Got" you one :lol: :lol:
The only way to get them is to hijack them from a bartender or barista anyways.
I decided the eBay route :wink:

BTW, nice cups John!
Really nice to see them on the Spaz - how 'bout another pose with them in use?
Bushrod

Post by Bushrod »

Nah, she paid for them. $10 each. The last time she went and got the white one, the manager told her they weren't allowed to sell them any more. Shame.

If I wanted to "hijack" illy cups, I'd go to a different place called Buzz. It's on the way to work and they have probably 10 to 15 different designs of bar cups in both demi and cappucino size. Unfortunately, they won't sell them.

I guess if I could stomach to drink their coffee enough to become a regular, they's eventualy loosen up and let me have a couple. I've decided it's not really worth it!

Here's my current lineup. I don't have a very big collection of cups!

Niko

Post by Niko »

I'll take the one on the top right :D

Those bar cups are not to be sold anywhere by anyone, period. Illy doesn't allow it, they are intended strictly for bar use only :roll:
....that's why I have about 100 of them! :lol:
Bushrod

Post by Bushrod »

That was an eBay find. My first illy. I'll be holding onto that one...

I just don't feel right about walking out with a cup from a shop. I'd probably get the police called on me.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Bushrod wrote: I just don't feel right about walking out with a cup from a shop. I'd probably get the police called on me.
Not me! :D
I don't feel bad at all...I scored a nice iLLy calendar that "walked" out of a cafe in Athens last year :thumbleft:

...if my memory serves me, that same cafe has about 8 cups missing (with saucers) :shock: :lol: 8)
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

Niko,
I'm clean :lol: May I invite myself over your house ? :roll:
I don't have any of them!

Cafesp
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Do you suppose the finer espresso establishments have a picture by the register of Niko aka "The Liberator" wearing a long black trench coat?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

I beg your pardon?
...the trench coat is a Payne's Grey :lol:
it blends in better with the surroundings.
Cafesp wrote:Niko,
I'm clean :lol: May I invite myself over your house ? :roll:
I don't have any of them!

Cafesp
You're welcome over anytime, just check your bag in at the front door :wink:

Return to “Accessories”