CCS New precision screens and baskets

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
goodboyr
Barista

CCS New precision screens and baskets

Post by goodboyr »

Now available for pre-order from CCS.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/New_Items_s/7823.htm
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
KatKat

Re: CCS New precision screens and baskets

Post by KatKat »

Which of the two would have a greater impact on the shot? The screens or the basket?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I think the basket would make the bigger difference.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

Baskets are in stock at cc; screens are still a few weeks away I think; I'm going to try my new baskets when I get back from the weekend; hopefully the new baskets produce the results reported for the vst models 8)
jfrescki
God Shot

Post by jfrescki »

Can't wait to hear how they work out. Been waiting on someone to be a guinea pig :bounce:
John

Mini Vivaldi, EPC-8, SJ, Steel Burr Vario
Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
slovan

Post by slovan »

My bottomless PF with the new triple basket and shower screen will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out! Has anyone got theirs yet?
LDT

Post by LDT »

Mine are on the way as well. I hope their worth the $70+ I paid. Time permitting, I'll share photos and observations..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
MonkeyK

Post by MonkeyK »

I got the set as a birthday present last week. While I am proud to have them as part of my setup, I find no discernible difference in quality of my coffee. This is pretty much as expected (although I would not have minded a pleasant surprise). My V2 already makes great lattes, I am not the most meticulous barista, and even if it were marginally better, I am not sure that I could taste a 5% improvement.
These are nice tools and it feels nice to use them. I like seeing the basket with even holes centered in the basket. And the dispersion screen has a much more even pattern of water streaming; where it used to come out in 2-3 streams, it now comes out in 5 evenly spaced nearly uniform streams.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

From a water dispersion perspective, I wonder if there would be a greater difference/improvement with a different hole pattern in the brass difussion disk. The original thick disks that shipped with the V1 had the holes is a star pattern. Whereas, the thinner ones that CCS has been shipped for a number of years but have all the holes in a circle.

Someone previously posted a place in Germany that sells the thinner disks that have the hole in a star pattern. Has anyone tried one, especially someone that had previously used a disk with the circular pattern?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

i get better looking shots with the new basket; found i need to grind just a touch less fine with the new baskets which seem to clean up easier; going to try the new screen set up later today; like the recess in the larger screen for the screw; now all we need is a new screw that sprays water as well

do the shots taste beter; too soon for me to tell

do other people think the shots taste better 8)
innermusic

Post by innermusic »

My machine has the circular hole pattern.
So... Has anyone found an improvement in TASTE using the basket? If so, can you describe the difference?
LDT

Post by LDT »

In an earlier post I mentioned I would post photos. I opted not to, because only the screens appear to be noticeably different. To the naked eye, the basket appear to be the same as what I have. To those who are interested, the Chris Coffee website has an illustration that does a better job of showing and explaining the differences than any photo I would post. I do see a different pattern of water flow from the group with the new screens, but that's about all. Regarding taste, I do not notice a difference, but I need to add that we drink mostly lattes - not straight shots. Oh well, I can say I have the latest and greatest! :lol:

Return to “Accessories”