Sproline Foam Knife Steam Tip

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
JonF

Sproline Foam Knife Steam Tip

Post by JonF »

I have seen this mentioned here and there, but I do not know of anyone that has tried this on a LaSpaziale Vivaldi. They do give a list of potential machinces, but I am too new to know the various thread sizes. If anyone has tried this please chime in. Thanks!

http://www.espressoparts.com/EP_TX_FOAMKNIFE1
or
http://www.espressoparts.com/EP_TX_FOAMKNIFE2

Sure, it's expensive, but I already spent over $2000 on the Vivaldi, so what's another $70 . . . ;-)
Endo

Re: Sproline Foam Knife Steam Tip

Post by Endo »

$70 on a tip that "may" work? Not a chance.
JonF

Post by JonF »

That's why I was hoping someone else had tried it . . . :oops:
oton

Post by oton »

Tried it

Not totally proffessional looking but best pair of rosettas done by me to date. Still learning what's the best way to texturize the milk with this tip, I installed it only some days ago. The foam quality -taste wise- is gorgeous. Silky finer bubbles and much more durable.

Be aware that I installed the tip to my Izzo Duetto changing the steam wand for a LM FB-80 one, but I'm pretty sure that the same should work with the S1 because the Duetto stock steam wand is the same than the Chris Coffee sells as the no-burn steam wand - The Quickmill steam wand

(yes, I know, absolute coffee mess :blackeye: )
Endo

Post by Endo »

I can see it being an improvement for the Duetto. I still need to be convinced it would do any better than the stock tip on the S1.
GDK
God Shot

Post by GDK »

Follow the links and see current prices :shock: No longer $70 ...
Endo

Post by Endo »

$105 for tip :roll: . For that price it better serve me my drink.

Return to “Accessories”