Steam Boiler problem??

Did your new VII work fine initially but have an in warranty (year one) problem later. Post here for advice. Later report on your fix. Posted photos documenting repairs are encouraged.
eprolix

Steam Boiler problem??

Post by eprolix »

I've had my VII for a couple of weeks, and it has more than met my expectations for steaming milk. I typically make two drinks at a time, so I was steaming 16-20oz of milk with no trouble. However, I noticed yesterday that there was a lot more "screeching" during the steaming. Some is typical, but this was more than normal. This morning I noticed the same AND I watched the boiler pressure...it had dropped to almost nothing. And (horror!) it was making that awful spitting noise in my milk (a noise I recognized from lesser machines with wee little boilers) indicating it was about out of steam. When I finished, the boiler had already kicked on and the pressure slowly returned to normal. (I had to run so I didn't try steaming again.)

I've read in boiler related posts here that a simple "reboot" (unplug and replug the machine) could solve the problem.

Does mine sound like a similar problem--the boiler is not refilling? Or is there another issue here? Ideas anyone?
Niko

Post by Niko »

That does not sound normal.
I'd try the unplug and reboot trick and hope it resets itself. Maybe the sensor is bad? Check the wires to make sure they're fully connected.
Is the boiler refilling itself if you draw water out of the spigot?
eprolix

Post by eprolix »

I tried the unplug (reboot) trick. The steam boiler refilled and has been refilling correctly since!
Niko

Post by Niko »

Hey, sometimes my Mac crashes too :wink:

Return to “VII In Warranty Problems”