No coffee

Did your new VII work fine initially but have an in warranty (year one) problem later. Post here for advice. Later report on your fix. Posted photos documenting repairs are encouraged.
jackiechang

No coffee

Post by jackiechang »

Woke up to find a cold machine this morning. I'm not sure if the timer never turned it on or what....????
The timer shows the correct time and date. The stand-by light flashing just like when it's in the normal off mold. But it was supposed to be ON :twisted:
So. I suffered this morning.
Niko

Post by Niko »

You too, huh?
Did you check and make sure the timer displayed the correct day, year and wether or not the "ON" setting was truly on?
These timers are strange, I mean....anything goes if we don't stay on top of them. Mine displayed everything OK except for the name of the day, that was the reason for mine not turning the machine on last week.
Apparently you're not as desperate as I was for coffee when this happened to me. I turned on the machine and pulled a shot after 4 minutes of warmup, it was a nasty cup of swill I wouldn't wish upon anybody but it had caffeine.
Chas' timer was correct in every way except it was set 2 months back, exactly to the day.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Timer shows correct time. Whats different this time is that, only light thats on was the blinking green standby. From what I've read and my 1st experience was that bunch of other light were also on. A sure sign of electronic that need to be reset.
It's got to be solar activity. :shock:
Niko

Post by Niko »

I would reprogram it.
Cycle through the timer as if you're programming it for the 1st time just to make sure something isn't awry.
Do you have it programmed to do the same thing on weekends vs. weekdays?

Something for everyone to note here...
All these timer failures occurred on a TUESDAY.
Suspicious? Maybe....weird, YES.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Re programed today so that weekend is different then weekdays.
Also, rapped the steam boiler. Man that 1 inch stuff is just too thick( not necessary in my opinion.). My boiler look likes Frosty now.
I also find whole bunch of Teflon tapes. All the little devices on steam boiler and the 2 plugs on the group boiler had teflon. I had some miner leak on one of the plug.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Which one was leaking?
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Top plug of the group boiler. It was dry but obvious water mark on the boiler, on the side of the motor and the bottom frame.
Niko

Post by Niko »

The one with the little plastic cover? - If so, that's normal...

I've had water leak down the sides of my machine when I tip it on its sides to get the covers off, that's normal also.
I hope this is the case with your machine.
At least it seems like it.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

The steam boiler has the plastic cover. the group boiler is the horizontal one that looks like a rotary engine. it has 2 plugs. 1 is on topand closer toward the back, the other is halfway up and on the side.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I never bothered looking at the group boiler.
Like Chas mentioned on another thread, the steam boiler seems to be the weakest link on this machine so I'm always looking at it whenever I open the machine.

Did you insulate the group boiler as well?
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

No, the day got too long already. Didn't finish till 8:30.
Anyone around SF want some left over insulation? Got enough for 5 more machine.
jackiechang

Post by jackiechang »

Everything was functional today. It turn on and off like it suppose to.
OK, it's not the sun it's a Tuesday thing.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Definitely a Tuesday thing....

Return to “VII In Warranty Problems”