Did I damage my pump?

Did your new VII work fine initially but have an in warranty (year one) problem later. Post here for advice. Later report on your fix. Posted photos documenting repairs are encouraged.
jpreiser
Americano

Did I damage my pump?

Post by jpreiser »

I refilled the water bottle feeding the FloJet that supplies the VII. While doing so, some of the water in the dip tube leaked out and air got in. I think air got sucked into the pump while pulling subsequent warming shots. Some steam/air spit out of the group head and the pump made a different sound (cavitating?).

I have dumped some water from the steam boiler causing a refill and have pulled a couple more blank shots in attempts to get all of the air out of the line and brew side. The pump sound is close to it was before this but I think it's still a little different.

Did I mess things up or will it be OK; possibly needing a little more time to get the last air bubbles out?

Next time, if I don't get things plumbed in by then, I'll add a bleed line to get the air out.

Joe
Vivaldi S1V2, Macap MXA
Bunn BTX, CCD, Chemex, Aeropress, Baratza Virtuoso
Gene Cafe
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Did I damage my pump?

Post by chas »

No problem. I will work its way out.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Couldn't you bleed it by just engaging the p/i set to the max 8 seconds a couple times without running the pump?
jpreiser
Americano

Post by jpreiser »

JohnB wrote:Couldn't you bleed it by just engaging the p/i set to the max 8 seconds a couple times without running the pump?
I hadn't thought of that option. Gave it a try and had no problem stopping things before the pump kicked in. Thanks for the suggestion.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Air always gets into the system whenever I change the filters, it works itself out pretty quickly. You don't have anything to worry about.

Return to “VII In Warranty Problems”