Poo!

Did you have a bad Day One "Out-of-Box" Experience? Ask about it here then later report back with your final resolution.
Jake

Poo!

Post by Jake »

Got the carbon and softener filters installed with relative ease. Easier than I thought.
Got the tubing ran and it was again relatively painless. I just installed new cabinets about five years ago so everything was good-to-go.

However! The steam works great, the hot water works great but nothing out of the group head. :evil:

Press one shot or two produces nothing. When I press the two shot button lights 17 18 and 19 flash once and then back to the temp light (16).

Any thoughts before I call CC on Monday?

OK, I did try and I mean try steaming some moo juice. I even made a cappa using espresso out of my $S machine :oops: Sheesh ya gotta try.

Jake
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

According to the Owners Manual 17-18-19 flashing when you push the double button is the non blocking Damaged Flow Meter alarm. This will also happen when you are choking the machine with too fine a grind or doing a back flush.

Have you tried turning off the machine, unplugging from the outlet for a couple minutes & then restarting the machine?
Jake

Post by Jake »

Just tried that--thanks, but no joy. Bummer.

If you get this message under normal circumstances, how are you supposed to backflush? I mean, it seems that the lights may flash, but it would still flush when you switch off. I guess I must be wrong about this.

Jake
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

This is a strange one. When you first plug in the machine, 17-18-19 should blink once and then go to temp indication which tells you the machine is in V2 mode.

When they blink due to non-blocking flow alarm, they should continue to blink until you press the two cup button again. So I'm not sure what is up with yours.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I'd consider pulling the top & front covers to check for loose or disconnected wires. If you bought it from CC it was working before it went in the box as they check the offset & pump pressure before shipping.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Yes, that's a good place to start and could get you coffee 24 hours sooner!

There were several units received around Christmas time where the power connectors to the back of the solenoid valves arrived unplugged. After bench testing at Chris Coffee. the boilers are drained and water is blown out of the valves using air pressure. This is no doubt why the connectors were unplugged. We surmised that these few units were tested the same day as the office Christmas party.

That said, I don't remember the symptoms of that being exactly the same as you describe. You may want to search the forum and see if you can find the posts from those affected by that issue. At least one person posted with photos which you could use for comparison. :santa:
Chas
Hottop P/B
Jake

The answer to the problem

Post by Jake »

OK, are you ready for this type of support?

I email Chris on Sunday night and got not only replies from him, but replies from his tech on my work voice mail. There is a switch the in near the 15/20 amp switch that must be in the "off" position, mine was in the "on." As the comic BC would say, "Kazzango." Fixed!

Now, just to get it programmed right. The first shot was about 4 seconds long--just a wee bit short no matter how coarse the grind. :shock:

So the answer to another problem that someone else might encounter.

I'm good to go. Thanks for the feedback.

Jake
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Thats for the optional electronic timer. First time I've seen that solution posted.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I'm drinking my first cappa. I sure it's not up to standard, but I'm still drinking it.

I cleaned my grinder, an Nuova Simonelli MCF, (yes it is older) with Urnex Grindz. The first shot was way short which, in my mind, implies that the grinder was very dirty. Can we say several years of not cleaning. :oops: In fact that deserves another oops-- :oops:

Anyway, it's cleaned and vacuumed out, the Spaz is up and running and I'm happy.

Now just to make espresso as good as my low-n-slow pulled pork. :D

Jake
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

We'll have to file that one. I knew there was a switch that needed to be On to tell the V2 that you are using the optional timer. Now we know what happens when you tell it you do have the timer but don't really.

It certainly isn't intuitively obvious that what you saw would be how this issue would manifest itself.
Chas
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Jake wrote:I'm drinking my first cappa. I sure it's not up to standard, but I'm still drinking it.

I cleaned my grinder, an Nuova Simonelli MCF, (yes it is older) with Urnex Grindz. The first shot was way short which, in my mind, implies that the grinder was very dirty. Can we say several years of not cleaning. :oops: In fact that deserves another oops-- :oops:

Anyway, it's cleaned and vacuumed out, the Spaz is up and running and I'm happy.

Now just to make espresso as good as my low-n-slow pulled pork. :D

Jake
I would think that grinding too coarse would have more to do with a short (quick) pull then a dirty grinder. Of course I can't imagine what was in there after several years of neglect so I could be wrong. My Macap gets vac'd daily & a thorough cleaning weekly.

Return to “VII Day One Problems”