Is your LaSpaz level?

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
jmcphail

Is your LaSpaz level?

Post by jmcphail »

Have any of you leveled your LaSpaz, with a bubble-level perhaps?

The reason I ask is that I've had an intermittent issue using my bottomless PF. Sometimes when I run a blank shot to warm it up the the water drains too far toward the handle and ends up running along the handle and dripping onto the work surface.

It seemed like getting LaSpaz level might help with this.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Sometimes the basket causes that...
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

When pulling a real shot in the bottomless PF the cone is usually off-center, toward the handle. It seems like a tendency of the machine itself.
Niko

Post by Niko »

It very well could be the cause (the machine not being level).
I know one of my baskets causes that same exact leak on my bottomless PF that you're describing. Not sure why :? so I just avoid using that particular basket with that PF.
I know my VII is level, my other S1 is almost level :oops:
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

I think what I'll do is try spinning the basket partway and see if the cone ( or the drip ) follows the movement of the basket or continues to tend toward the handle.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I've got a 6" level but haven't checked the machine other then eyeing it up. My counter isn't level so I adjusted one leg longer so the machine doesn't rock. Water runs straight down through the p/f so no issues there.
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

Hmmm. Good to know, John, thanks for checking.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Oh yeah...
what I meant to say was that my S1 rocks (not in a good way).
I recently threaded a thick O-ring on one of the feet to stop it.
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

I tested my theory by rotating the basket, the cone tends toward the portafilter handle more often than not.

I'm also thinking it could be a dosing/tamping thing, more testing is necessary to confirm this.. YUM :D
Niko

Post by Niko »

I still think it's the basket but you have my support for more testing :thumbleft:
I'm always looking for an excuse to drink more coffee and it looks like you just found one :wink:
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

Niko, I am also recently hooked on Mocha, too. Decisions, decisions!
Niko

Post by Niko »

Mochas, huh?
...another excuse to work on the good 'ol latte art.

I was hooked on Cappas for a while but my taste for milk has waned.

More coffee, less work, more coffee, less work :protest:
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

Niko wrote:
More coffee, less work, more coffee, less work :protest:
That was a picture of me for almost the past 20 years long! :shock:
I have to pay my due back now! :cry:

Cafesp

Return to “Tips & Tricks”