S1 basket hard removal

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
Ch83

S1 basket hard removal

Post by Ch83 »

OK, so I have a bottomless port I just got from CCS along with a new Dream T and for the life of me I can't find any easy way to get the baskets out. I seriously feel like I am going to rip my fingernails off in the process. Do they loosen up at least a little over time? Swapping in the double basket to the bottomless is a nightmare and seems I need a prying mechanism.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: S1 basket hard removal

Post by chas »

The easiest fix is to remove the PF spring and then use needle nose pliers to put bends in the middle of each straight section. That way you don't have those straight sections that cut across the PF opening. If it's still too tight, put in more bends until the pressure is the way you want it.

Also, if you had scrolled to the bottom of the Tips and Tricks section first, you would have found this thread:

Hard Basket Removal Solutions
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Ch83

Re: S1 basket hard removal

Post by Ch83 »

chas wrote:The easiest fix is to remove the PF spring and then use needle nose pliers to put bends in the middle of each straight section. That way you don't have those straight sections that cut across the PF opening. If it's still too tight, put in more bends until the pressure is the way you want it.

Also, if you had scrolled to the bottom of the Tips and Tricks section first, you would have found this thread:

Hard Basket Removal Solutions
Fail! Sorry about that. I was scrolling from my phone and overlooked that post. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Return to “Tips & Tricks”