Major VII User's Manual Update Posted

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Major VII User's Manual Update Posted

Post by chas »

While creating the VII Mini Manual last week I discovered a fair amount of new and updated information applicable to both the VII and the VII Mini. I have now updated the VII Manual to include all this new information. If you have an earlier version of the manual you should chuck it and download the latest 1/3/09 version from the S1 VII Website.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Major VII User's Manual Update Posted

Post by chas »

I updated the manual again. This time I added information previously posted on this forum about the Extreme Temperature Set mode that allows operation below 91C or above 97C. Click the VII/VII Mini Site link in the upper right of this page. You should be able to find it easily on that page.
Chas
Hottop P/B
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Hi Chas!
It's funny to have a discovery after 2 and a half years of use, no? 8) I'm talking about the extreme temperature settings. Now I have to find a coffee that will give her best at 88C. And I mean it! What I was doing though, was skipping a flush and brewing some beans at low 91C, yet still that wasn't coffee demanding that.
Hopefully I find some. I love my machine(-s :smile: , Caravel and La Peppina are a class :mrgreen: )
Thank you for your continuous effort of maintaining this forums! :drunken: :smile:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Sometimes you have to blow off the cobwebs and recheck the old, musty corners of the forum to find these gems!
Chas
Hottop P/B
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

This information, I think, is missing in the manual: When the temperature adjustment in the extreme mode is set, then if you adjust the temperature seting normal way, for example from the set 88C (diode 91C on) to 92C (diode 92C on) and then switch back (diode 91C on), the extreme temp setting will be lost and you will have to set it again. In other words, while the extreme temp setting mode is engaged, adjusting temp in normal mode overrides the extreme mode settings.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Thanks Pawel. I have updated both the V2 and the V2 Mini Manuals located on the VII/VII Mini Site to note that the Extreme Temperature settings are not "sticky". In looking at the information I used to write the original documentation, I noticed that it didn't actually say one way or the other and I made an incorrect assumption.

When I wrote the V2 Mini Manual, I used a lot of that information to create a new V2 Manual. In doing so I made a number of cut and paste errors and left in references to the V2 Mini. I think I have found and fixed all those as well.
Chas
Hottop P/B
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Thank you Pawel for taking the time to post the information and experimenting new stuff.

Thank you Chas for taking the time to update the manuals.

Your efforts are truly appreciated.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?

Return to “VII General Q&A”