La Spaziale Double Basket size?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Monito

La Spaziale Double Basket size?

Post by Monito »

Would someone please measure a double shot basket insert of the 53mm basket...Height and width inside and out would be nice.

Also what is the size of a normal 53mm Tamper? Is it 52.xx or 53?

Thnks,

Monito
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If multiple people answer, you will probably get just as many answers. There are multiple suppliers and even with a specific supplier the dimensions change as their stamper tool wears out. Some baskets have sides that are almost straight up and down and some angle in toward the bottom.

Because of this, the tamper size is impacted as well. 53.0mm is the standard size. However, some vendors sell a 53.5mm intended specifically for the LaSpaziale. Some folks on this forum have had custom tampers made at 53.2mm and 53.3mm. I even have a 54mm tamper but that was a mistake!
Last edited by chas on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

The doubles baskets vary in internal size slightly. I have a Thor 53.3mm tamper which fits the double that came with my machine nicely but sticks slightly in the double that came with my bottomless p/f. I asked Chris about this and he felt that the Thor is to close to a "perfect fit" & will cause problems with production variances in basket size. You are probably better off with a standard 53mm tamper that offers a little clearance on the sides.
Monito

Post by Monito »

JohnB wrote:The doubles baskets vary in internal size slightly. I have a Thor 53.3mm tamper which fits the double that came with my machine nicely but sticks slightly in the double that came with my bottomless p/f. I asked Chris about this and he felt that the Thor is to close to a "perfect fit" & will cause problems with production variances in basket size. You are probably better off with a standard 53mm tamper that offers a little clearance on the sides.
I was thinking of buying the bumper tamper, but I'm not sure if it will be 53mm or greater, I'll rather have a bit smaller than bigger.

Thnks,

Monito
Niko

Post by Niko »

The Bumper should come in at 53mm or less so it would fit most baskets.
All my baskets vary between 53.2 - 53.5mm and I have a lot of baskets...
lost count after the 10th one :roll:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Monito wrote:
JohnB wrote:The doubles baskets vary in internal size slightly. I have a Thor 53.3mm tamper which fits the double that came with my machine nicely but sticks slightly in the double that came with my bottomless p/f. I asked Chris about this and he felt that the Thor is to close to a "perfect fit" & will cause problems with production variances in basket size. You are probably better off with a standard 53mm tamper that offers a little clearance on the sides.
I was thinking of buying the bumper tamper, but I'm not sure if it will be 53mm or greater, I'll rather have a bit smaller than bigger.

Thnks,

Monito
I think you will be fine with the bumper as Chris still sells that one & a few others. He dropped the Thor because of sticking complaints like I mentioned above.

Give CC a call & get their input.

Return to “VII General Q&A”