New Machine - HELP!!

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
OskiFan

New Machine - HELP!!

Post by OskiFan »

I just received my V2, unpacked it and found these 2 plugs not plugged in under the top cover. One looks like it goes to the group head and the other the steam valve. Can i assume these should be plugged in? Has anyone else seen this. The odd thing is, they were supposed to set the pressure at Chris's Coffee, and the machine had some water on it, so I know they did something.

I am dying to try but afraid the thing will blow up on me,

Image[/img]
EricC

Re: New Machine - HELP!!

Post by EricC »

OskiFan wrote:I am dying to try but afraid the thing will blow up on me,
As far as I can tell, having looked at the photo's you have posted that both of the plugs you see are connections to the solenoids, one for the group head and the other the steam boiler, for the hot water spigot.

Heaven knows how they became detatched, possibly just plugged in and not screwed down and dislodged during transportation.

I would plug them in to the relevant solenoids, screw the locking screws in, not too tight, you don't want to break anything, and power her up.

The only thing that i can forsee is that something, either the group head would not dispense water when either the one or two shot buttons were pressed or the hot water spigot would not dispense any water when the water button was pressed.

After allowing the machine to warm up and checking that all of the startup / running LED's are correct (IE no warning or alarm lights are on) THEN If you don't see any water from either after a couple of seconds after pressing the relevant switch for water or the group, press the switch again to stop that function, switch the machine off, and contact Chris's Coffee for further fault diagnosis.

Good luck, i'm sure all will be fine.
Eric
OskiFan

Help!

Post by OskiFan »

Heard from Tim at Chris's. They unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in. I plugged it in and all is well.
Brian
Niko

Post by Niko »

That happens sometimes during the holiday season, we all forget things once in a while 8)
OskiFan

Post by OskiFan »

True!
hey, I used to live in West Portal in SF. Do you live in the city?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Used to.
I went to school and worked in the City as well for several years.
I don't miss it AT ALL.
Barry

Re: Help!

Post by Barry »

OskiFan wrote:Heard from Tim at Chris's. They unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in. I plugged it in and all is well.
Brian
He didn't by chance tell you why they unplugged them in the first place? Testing the machine would require them to be connected.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

They use compressed air to blow the water out of the valves so it doesn't freeze and burst the valves in transit.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII General Q&A”