It's Here!!

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Jeff

It's Here!!

Post by Jeff »

My Vivaldi 2 arrived a few days ago, and first impressions are pretty good, although it seemed my Anita was pouting when I put the Vivaldi next to her. Too bad!

The new machine is quite a change from the 'old' one. But it was easy to set up and the instructions for programming the dose were clear. (I wanted to keep reaching for that lever, though!) The first 'real' shot I pulled came out at exactly 25 seconds and was delicious. The next day, the first shot took 40 seconds, but amazingly, that too was delicious. I don't know if it was a change in the weather or my inexperience with a 53mm tamper vs the old 58mm, but most doubles since then have been coming out at 30-35 seconds. But every single one has tasted great. Even a friend who comes over for coffee frequently said she thought the new machine made consistently better coffee. And she loved the coffee from the old one!

One thing that really surprised me was the power of the steam wand. I usually only do one cup at a time so I do 5oz of milk in a 12oz pitcher. The Anita used to take a minute to get it up to 150, and the Vivaldi takes about 12 seconds and will send milk flying everywhere if I open it up too much. Amazing.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this new machine and the taste in the cup makes me feel good about the extra cash outlay.

Cheers!
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice to hear.
Sounds like a match made in heaven.
The thing you'll notice right away is that you'll never have to remove your cups on the machine to access the reservoir for a refill.

I bought an Anita after owning one of my S1's for while and I still loved that machine. Steaming power is weaker on Anita mainly because of the "cheater" tip installed. She has more power, but it's harnessed by that home-user styled tip. Andreja on the other hand, has that power unleashed and it ain't half bad but they both fall short compared to an S1.
Coffee tastes just as good out of Anita for me as on the S1, actually...Anita is more forgiving to pull shots, I can almost not use a tamper and I'll get at least a Demi-God Shot, with the S1's I'll get a Dog Shot if I'm not perfect with every step.

Return to “VII General Q&A”