VII is here

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
ebprod

VII is here

Post by ebprod »

I looks like everyone is getting their new machines from the last shipment. Would it be better to keep everyone on the same thread?

Ours arrived on Friday while we were still on vacation. It was cool to have it waiting for us when we got home last night. Hooking it up was simple since our old machine was also plumbed in. It is sitting there ready to use now. We have pulled a few shots. The first ones were awful- but they are starting to get better.

We started with old coffee from before we left. None of the shots were even close to drinkable. We were in Sedona, AZ for vacation, and picked up some beans from the local roaster (roasted 3 days ago). The beans are roasted way darker than I would prefer, but we are getting shots that are close to what they served in the store. Which means they aren't bad, but I know I can do much better. I will roast some Redline later today and try that in a few days.

Our machine was set at 93, but that seems too cool. I will try hotter, but feel free to make suggestions on temperature.

The yogurt cup from our old 58mm portafiler is to big- any suggestions on what to use instead? We got the bottomless Portafiler, and we are using it with our Mini-E.

This will be a fun day of experimenting- I haven't even tried to froth milk yet!

-Joe

Return to “VII General Q&A”