Just got my S1 the other day

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
den99

Just got my S1 the other day

Post by den99 »

Well I got my new La Spaziale Vivaldi II the other day. I took me a while to route the water lines and new 20A circuit, but the results where worth it! I have some Black Cat on the way from intelligentsia. However, my first shot
Niko

Post by Niko »

What do you mean?
Does it come out slowly as water and then bursts out like a waterfall? - If so, that's normal...

Here, I made a video just for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRpanA75ps
den99

Steamy hot water

Post by den99 »

Yes, it is similar to the video you posted; mainly hot water but a lot of steam at the same time. I wasn't sure if maybe I needed to purge the boiler to get the air out or something. Thanks for the video!
Niko

Post by Niko »

You are welcome.
Enjoy the machine!
If you have any other questions, you know where to go...
den99

The Cat

Post by den99 »

Niko, I
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

I ordered a double spout from Espresso Parts Inc. that is both snorter and narrower than the one that comes with the VII. The link is:

http://www.espressoparts.com/category/0 ... rs_boiler/

part F-240 is the shorter/narrower one, F-239 is the one that comes with the machine.

In my experience Espresso Parts is on the expensive side, so you may be able to find this for less money somewhere else; I wanted some other things from them so I just paid the price...

Mark
den99

Potafilter spout

Post by den99 »

So I see they list the F-239 as having 3/8" female threads, does the F-240 have the same tread? I assume this are for the La Spaziale VII right? I would sure like a narrower double spout. Thanks for the Info.
Denny
Niko

Re: The Cat

Post by Niko »

[quote="den99"] By the way I use to be able to use a double portafilter to fill one cup but the one that came with the VII is too wide. I like the double because it balances on the counter and I can tamp easier. I had ordered a bumper tamper stand, but Chris was out
den99

Single spout portafilter

Post by den99 »

Well that solves the tamping part; thanks for the tips. Part of the problem is I grind into a bowl then scoop the grounds out into the portafilter. It
Niko

Re: Single spout portafilter

Post by Niko »

[quote="den99"]Part of the problem is I grind into a bowl then scoop the grounds out into the portafilter. It
den99

Post by den99 »

I need to get some kind of funnel for my SJ; right now I have a cover plate I made from a stainless steel vacuum container (Boy the metal is so thick). I cut out a square hole to match the output opening and then I have some plastic vanes to direct the coffee out. I just couldn
Niko

Post by Niko »

What's the Mazzer with you, man! You no want to spend an arm and a leg on the doserless doser? I don't blame you...
anything with Mazzer seems a little on the overpriced side. MACAP seems to be catching up also, their doserless grinder will fetch a premium later this summer (somewhere around $700). We can also thank the almighty US Dollar vs. Euro, prices keep skyrocketing on everything.
So it sounds like you converted your Super Jolly into a doserless model, I've seen people convert Majors into doserless (and those are 44lb beasts), one guy in particular spent as much money on the conversion as he did on the grinder and said it was well worth it. I guess he couldn't wait the full 15 seconds for a Mini A or B to grind for a double. Poor guy!

Return to “VII General Q&A”