If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
keithcutter

Post by keithcutter »

Greetings all!

New member of the forum, and soon-to-be new owner of a V2 (I'm on the waiting list w/ Chris' Coffee).

I dont' have an impressive coffee background like some folks here do, but by way of introduction...

I've been drinking espresso since college (25 years). I've owned four espresso machines. The first was a forgetable vibratory pump machine; second was a humble piston machine; third was a Baby Gaggia; and current machine is a, gulp, Starbucks Barista (which I use w/ a bottomless portafilter).

I've been through a few grinders. Most recent is a Mazzer Mini Doserless type B.

On the personal side, I'm a conservative Christian homeschool dad who works as a full-time EMT for a rural county ambulance service; and a part-time wedding photographer (www.remembrance-photography.com).

Thanks for all the great info here on this forum. It's really been a help in deciding on the V2 as my next (last) espresso machine.
Weska

Post by Weska »

Welcome, keithcutter!

Rarely does anyone get to beat Niko to the punch like this, as you will no doubt already have observed.

We value all our members, any one of whom may come up with a crucial observation that helps us, saves us a lot of worry, gives us better coffee, or makes us question our assumptions.

You will find your choice of a VII worthy, and we will do our best to fulfill our role as mentors only a little farther down the path than you are.

(Actually, your history is a pretty full one and qualifies you to make bold comments whenever the mood strikes you.)
Niko

Post by Niko »

I was waiting for you to introduce yourself.
Welcome to the S1 site, Keith.
I'm not the official Welcome Committee but on behalf of Chas and the gang I'd like to say "may your caffeine highs be plentiful".
The Little-Mazzer-that-could Type B is a great grinder, I use one of those too and it fits the Spaz very well.
Your humble beginnings are similar to many of ours, I still have one of my 1st machines from at least a dozen years back. It's an old Krups that has a very hairy-chested pump. Don't be fooled by its looks, it can make mind blowing espresso in the right hands. With a good grinder, tamper and a nice bean you can make good coffee on almost anything that has the power and temp to produce.
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

I will second the welcome as a fellow VII mazzer mini B sophomore.

Return to “VII General Q&A”