I'm on "The List"

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
john_k

I'm on "The List"

Post by john_k »

I called Chris and ordered a S1/V2! I've been an espresso hound for years and have owned more machines than I can remember. I started with a mokapot in the mid 80's and made the progression through a Krups to a Solis SL90, Mini Wega, (it kinda gets fuzzy here) anyway I've got a plumbed in Faema Compact (Auto) (rotary pump) in the kitchen now and an Astoria two group lever machine in the garage that I use to entertain "the car guys".

The Faema has been a sore spot with my wife... It's not a pretty girl though it does produce very nice espresso. I wanted a state of the art machine that SWMBO would approve of... Not too much flashy stainless... The LaSpaziale really fills the bill!

My machine is "on the water" so I expect it'll be a month or more before I see it. Good things are worth waiting for!

Has anyone had any success with the drain kit? I'v read some bad things about it and even Chris said not to order it! But I sure don't want to go back to emptying a drip tray!

John
Niko

Post by Niko »

John,

Congrats and welcome to the gang.
Order another drip tray and install the kit, you can always go back to emptying the standard one if plumbed-one doesn't work out for you. I know it's a more expensive alternative but I was actually considering this since the drain kit is inexpensive and I'm sure a drip tray can't be too much $$.
You won't be disappointed with the VII, it's a very nice machine and as Jesse (here on the forums) described it, it's state of the art like a Prius.
I wouldn't say it's a hybrid of any type, it's just plain efficient in what it does.

Nice to have you aboard, keep us updated on the progress...

Return to “VII General Q&A”