New Member Intro: Jesse (Viv II arrived today!)

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Jesse

New Member Intro: Jesse (Viv II arrived today!)

Post by Jesse »

OK
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice!
Glad you finally got it Jesse.
Welcome to our gang and enjoy your new baby.
Please give an update soon on your tuning up and what temps you're using to brew.
So what do you think of the steaming?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Welcome Jesse. You may have won the award for most damage with pristine boxes. I think all the others with damage have all been on the west coast even though I shipped my original S1 coast to coast with no damage last month *.

Some of the damage could be due to hours in a high vibration environment with the items that rattled lose then causing much of the damage. But that gravel in the box and the dirty manuals are baffling!

* I packed all my extra items into a separate box and filled the space between the two boxes completely with Styrofoam peanuts.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

I forgot to mention, my manuals weren't just dirty - they have a filthy black grime on them. It didn't bother me because I still have the other set from my 1st S1.
Chas, did you sell your old S1?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Yes, I sold it. I'm not an S1 collector like some... :occasion5:
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Hey I heard that!
...yeah, it's kind of hard to plumb in two machines.

I still have my E61 Quick Mill in the laundry room.
Now how many people can say they can wash a load and pull a shot at the same time?
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, I too am not too worried about the manuals, but they were severely grimy on the covers. Inside was fine, but wow--talk about not a good first impression.

Here's the email I am sending Chris:
O
RGoldman

Post by RGoldman »

Wow! That is amazing. I feel really lucky that mine arrived in perfect condition. Iot's surprising because I live way out in the country and you'd be amazed at some of the stuff I have received over the years, or not received, as has been the case many times. I love it when the drivers insist on telling me they delivered something and even have a signature for it when in fact, it never arrived!
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but in the end, it will be worth it. I love my VII and couldn't be happier with how it works and the service I got from Chris'.
Niko

Post by Niko »

My front panel has scuffing on it, didn't care at first but I think I'm going to replace it...not from Chris but rather swap it out with my older Vivaldi (that one's perfect). But on the other hand, I just emailed Mary at Chris' to let them know about mine. I might just look into replacing it but it might be a major pain to install the new one...
Last edited by Niko on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

As one would expect, the Chris Coffee folks came through in spades.

Mary is a gem and is kindly sending me replacement parts. We had a good conversation about the shipping issues surrounding this thing and especially about the lack of cling film-covering on the stainless steel. The vibration pressure from the fill-foam is enough to scratch the stainless.

It sounds like Chris Coffee is working on a fix, but I believe that bagging the machine, in conjunction with cling film on the stainless, would reduce a lot of this. Add some more strategic masking tape placement to hold the feet and steam wand on and I think we'd have it.

Amazingly, my drip tray emerged unscathed, so they must have addressed this historic trouble since my machine was clearly, um, jarred a bit.

That being said, it's working very well. I clearly programmed the timer wrong so that is tonight's project.

Return to “VII General Q&A”