Steam Boiler pressure

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Niko

Steam Boiler pressure

Post by Niko »

How many bars does your steam boiler pressure build up to?
I know at start up it's usually .1 bar higher and then it stabilizes after you bleed some water out.
Niko

Post by Niko »

C'mon guys...
doesn't anyone with a VII ever look at their gauges?
mswanson

Post by mswanson »

so you want to know it's highest point when idle or when steaming? And if when steaming when should I measure?
mswanson

Post by mswanson »

At idle a bit below 1.3, 1.2 when steaming.
Niko

Post by Niko »

So you're saying that it hits as high as 1.3 after the fan cuts off, and then it hits 1.2 after first use...this sounds right for a Vivaldi I. You have the VI, right? While steaming, it can hit as low as .75 bar depending on how much milk and what size pitcher on the VI. On my VI with the new VII sensor it rarely builds up pressure beyond 1.1 bar but the element kicks on way more often to keep it more steady than before.
mswanson

Post by mswanson »

Nope, I have a VII. I let it steam for a good amount of time but without any milk. I guess I could of let it steam until it was completely empty, but I didn't. I've never seen it below 1.1/1.2 when steaming. I usually steam between 6-12 oz of milk.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I thought you had a VI judging by the time you joined the forums. Did you ever have one?
mswanson

Post by mswanson »

Never. I've been on the forums forever because I was wanting one forever. I got one of the first VIIs in November and it's great.:)
Niko

Post by Niko »

I'm actually getting a VII later this month.
There's gonna' be an espresso battle in my kitchen, the S1, Anita Quick Mill and the new VII. I should sell tickets to the show...
mswanson

Post by mswanson »

Grinder?
Niko

Post by Niko »

mswanson wrote:Grinder?
Which of the 2?
Each machine has it's own grinder you know...

Return to “VII General Q&A”