Taking the VII on the road - how?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
dc_ch

Taking the VII on the road - how?

Post by dc_ch »

So one Idea that I have been tossing around is to take my VII on the road to serve espresso based drinks at events for friends. My concern is how can I do this easily and what all would I need to set it up? From reading all of the plumbing writeups, a flojet with an accumulator would be the best way to get water to it. Any other thoughts or considerations I I prep to take this thing mobile?

Thanks,

Carl B
Niko

Post by Niko »

That's a tough one...
With the Vivaldi's power requirements and all.
I simply bought a Quick Mill from Chris for that.
"Anita" was the woman of the hour on New Year's Eve at my friend's party, we served about 25 caps and 15 espressos and it was awesome. I would've loved to bring the S1 but it's like hauling a 65lb pig everywhere. The setup and breakdown would take longer also with the plumbing to a FloJet and so on, etc..
I'm not trying to discourage you, I think it's great that you're considering the S1 for this. I'd love to read about the outcome and your success with it. I might even try it next year after we get more info on this...
dc_ch

Post by dc_ch »

RE - Power, I could force it into Econ mode when I can't get the full 20 amps. Still have to do some trial runs with that though to ensure she can keep up.

Re- teardown and setup - kinda thinking through a mini cart setup to reduce that time. besides I still need to get a shorter lead tube so that the only thing I need to do under the cabinet is to turn off the water and drain the pressure from the line each time.

Yeah kinda sold the wife on doing small events to help pay for it, so getting another friend like "Anita" would not be an immediate option.

Carl B
bbqnut

Post by bbqnut »

What are you planning to do for drain?

If you want a drain line, IMO the optional drain kit is NOT viable (it basically doesn't work).

I created another thread where I explain what I as my own mod (costs about $3). I plan on adding some pics to this thread.
dc_ch

Post by dc_ch »

I read your post or another's post before the forum crash about how the design was something that was developed over a few too many glasses of red wine. So definitely interested to see your solution. currently I don't have a drain hooked up, but this is still just personal use right now for low volumes. I would need to possibly have the option to shut off the drain for home use and then have that option for the vII road shows.

Carl B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Carl B,
I think the drain thing would work if the drain hole was sort of a funnel shape; like starting a larger hole with a clean drill bit and finishing it off with a smaller bit so it actually whirlpools down and out. It can be done. I've seen my dad make drain holes for some of his home-made garden machinery this way. A simple hole won't do it.
But I think you are wrong...it was a little too much white wine (not red) that was consumed when this was developed.

Return to “VII General Q&A”