Gauge & Tray Question

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
bbqnut

Gauge & Tray Question

Post by bbqnut »

OK, like many others, my gauge was not at all fitting well in the cut out of the front panel.

When I first adjusted it, I had to back the screw out almost all the way, and got an "acceptable" fit. But the more I see others photos, I think I it could look better. The problem is, the thing just does not want to move in the right direction. Left-to-Right & Up-Down are fine, but I am having problems getting it to line on that third dimension (depth?). I will post pics later, but did anyone else have the same problem?

Even though I have a VII machine, my tray says "Vivaldi", and yet someone else who posted a pic here in the pride area has a tray that says "Vivaldi II".

Just a quick question on your VII tray. Does it say "Vivaldi II" or just "Vivaldi" on the front? I wonder if there is any other difference aside from the label?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm. I'll have to run and check mine later, but I'm pretty sure my tray just says Vivaldi. I suspect they must have had some left over trays that just said Vivaldi they were trying to use up.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
Niko

Post by Niko »

I don't think there's any difference with the late model trays, mine's a VI and my unit seems to have all the proper holes for the drain kit like the VII.
bbqnut

Post by bbqnut »

Niko wrote:I don't think there's any difference with the late model trays, mine's a VI and my unit seems to have all the proper holes for the drain kit like the VII.
My drip tray actually had two potential places to drill (one dimple and one nipple), neither of which was close to centered over the hole in the metal frame. That sort of makes me wonder. Anyhow...

I will probably start another thread with pics on my mod for the drain kit that does not work worth a damn. :evil:

It involves a $2 part and some plumbers putty, and is actually water-tight! :shock:
mswanson

Post by mswanson »

I noticed that my gauge didn't fit well. I lined it up the best I could, and then pressed the metal sheet in with a good amount of force and screwed it back together. I think what is happening is that in shipment or in testing the unit the gauge pops out of the cutout and then shakes loose. Now that it's "snapped" back into the cutout, it's aligned perfectly.

FYI.

Return to “VII General Q&A”