I bought the last Vivaldi VII

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
RGoldman

Post by RGoldman »

I just roasted my first attempt at an espresso blend. I'll know in a couple of days if it's any good. At least it will be something different to try!
The Vivace appears to be mainly monsooned beans and I didn't have any of those on hand so it should be quite different.
I did have some robusta peaberries that someone sent me a while ago so I threw in 10% of the total pre-roast weight of those.
I just love trying something new!

I do have to say that it has gotten so much easier after a couple of days to pull consistent shots. It's also really nice not to have any squirters flying out of the pf too! Although, this morning's was sooooo good, I had three doubles! talk about a cafffeine overdose! Guess I should have made the last one a de-caff. Oh well..... live and learn! :lol:
Niko

Post by Niko »

Ron,
You should try pulling a quick shot with your new freshly roasted coffee, some nice monster crema should pour out. Can't say it'll taste as good as it will in a couple of days but hey, you'll get a nice "looking" shot.
RGoldman

Post by RGoldman »

Quick note to self...... Don't change to a new coffee at 5am when you are in a hurry!
Ok. I threw some of my new roast in the grinder this morning and it was way too fine. I hit the double button and 20 seconds later, not a drip! :shock:
Quick adjustment, 15 seconds, 2oz, squirt city..... :?

Talk about being touchy to the grinder adjustment! Doesn't take much to go from one extreme to the other. I'll work on it later today.....

Return to “VII General Q&A”