anybody figured out how to plumb their tank version Vivaldi?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
TiggerMark
Latte

anybody figured out how to plumb their tank version Vivaldi?

Post by TiggerMark »

Love love love my Mini Vivaldi but I do weary of pulling the tank out (which sometimes takes quite the tug!) and filling it back up. Anyone figured out a means to plumb it in? Maybe some kind of hose through the back and a "toilet style" flapper valve?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: anybody figured out how to plumb their tank version Vivaldi?

Post by chas »

My short answer is "No" since I don't have a Mini.

I used to have an Isomac Tea a number of years back. Chris Coffee Service offered two plumb in kits for that one. The float option that still used the water tank was cheaper so I went with that. It worked fine but after a few months I started reading about other users having issues with flooding their kitchens after a few months when the float valve stopped shutting off all the way. So I broke down and got the more expensive option that direct plumbed in and I got rid of the water tank. It used a solenoid valve that daisy chained with the electrical connection to the solenoid in the machine to turn the line water on and off.

It worked great in that single boiler HX machine. However, this option would not work with the double boiler Mini. So some option with a float is probably the only viable option for the Mini. That said, I am not aware of any off-shelf kits nor has anyone hear on the forum every mentioned tried to build their own.

If you do attempt to build your own .... and succeed ... by all means document it here.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII General Q&A”