Can changing group pressure effect the steam ?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
SimonSoCal

Can changing group pressure effect the steam ?

Post by SimonSoCal »

I recently re adjusted the group pressure to closer 8.5bar (before was gotten to 9.5bar b/c of the flex from inline water pressure). But I also started to noticed when ever I turn the knob to steam within few seconds the light started to blink. This happen when I waited all the lights are stable before I start to froth. The bar on the gauge (the right side) is always on green , Somewhere from 1- 1,2bar.

Honestly I never noticed it before because I was too busy to get the frothing just right. Now I gotten few practices and able to re direct my eyes to view few more things/gauges, I begin to refine my skills and parameters.

Thx I advance.
slo
Barista

Re: Can changing group pressure effect the steam ?

Post by slo »

The light starts to blink because the boiler heater is active. The pressure is going down and the "computer" wants to heat the water to raise the pressure back.

The pump pressure should not affect the steam boiler lights or performance. Whatever the pump pressure setting the pressure is brought down by a gicleur (restrictor) before it reaches the steam boiler where the pressure is much lower.

Hope this answers your question.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?

Return to “VII General Q&A”