Is the Laspaziale S1 Vivaldi 2 recommended leaving on?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
spatterfree

Is the Laspaziale S1 Vivaldi 2 recommended leaving on?

Post by spatterfree »

Hi, i'm new here in this forum, looking to buy a late model used La spaziale S1 Vivaldi 2, and i'm wondering if they are recommended leaving on all day?
the livia 90 i have is rated to leaving powered on and hot 24 hours a day so obviously it made me wonder if this machine is capable of that too. thanks,
coffeeowl

Re: Is the Laspaziale S1 Vivaldi 2 recommended leaving on?

Post by coffeeowl »

I leave my on 24/7, only switch on and off steam boiler as needed.
You can also put the machine on timer.
Endo

Post by Endo »

The machine is designed to be left on 24/7 and runs very economically that way (even more so if you insulate your steam boiler).

It's up to you whether you choose to do that. As others have said, since it's a double boiler machine where the steam boiler can be turned off, a very nice option (especially on the Mini)is to leave the steam boiler off, since it heats up in 4 minutes (and doesn't need to be warmed up for 30 minutes like the brew boiler). The regular S1 steam boiler is larger, so it takes a bit longer.

In my opinion, this steam boiler option with a small brew boiler is a HUGE advantage over any HX machines, and the main reason I would never consider buying another HX. I try explaining this to HX folks, but they just don't seem to get it (or want to admit it).
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Endo wrote:The regular S1 steam boiler is larger, so it takes a bit longer.
8 minutes.
spatterfree

Post by spatterfree »

thanks, did anyone actually insulate theirs? what difference did they notice and what insulation did they use?
Endo

Post by Endo »

spatterfree wrote:thanks, did anyone actually insulate theirs? what difference did they notice and what insulation did they use?
You can read the whole discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=860&p=12665&hilit=insulate#p12665

Chas got a 30% heating cycle reduction. JohnB got a 42% reduction with a different insulator.

Return to “VII General Q&A”