Annoying vibrations

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
KimH
Cappuccino

Annoying vibrations

Post by KimH »

Hi,

When the pump is running on my VII, the cups placed on top of the machine vibrates.

Anybody with a simple trick to avoid these annoying vibrations?

Regards
Kim
- La Spaziale S1 Dream
- Ceado E37S
- Rancilio Rocky SD
- Hottop B
JohnB

Re: Annoying vibrations

Post by JohnB »

Sounds more like a GS3 then an S1V2. I've never had that problem with my machine & I don't even use the securing screw. Have you removed the warming tray cover to check for misalignment? There should be a foam tape that it sits on at each side. Possibly your motor mounts are loose?? How about the drip tray cover? Does it buzz also? Check to see if the bracket that holds the capacitor at the front of the motor is touching the frame crossmember. This will create noise & vibration.
KimH
Cappuccino

Post by KimH »

JohnB wrote:Sounds more like a GS3 then an S1V2. I've never had that problem with my machine & I don't even use the securing screw. Have you removed the warming tray cover to check for misalignment? There should be a foam tape that it sits on at each side. Possibly your motor mounts are loose?? How about the drip tray cover? Does it buzz also? Check to see if the bracket that holds the capacitor at the front of the motor is touching the frame crossmember. This will create noise & vibration.
Well, there is no foam tape on the warming tray cover. It is simply metal against metal :bounce: Maybe they forgot this on my machine?

Regarding the drip tray cover, I have noticed vibrations here as well, but only a few times, so this is not a problem.

I don't see anything touching the capacitor or bracket.

Thanks for your input
/Kim
- La Spaziale S1 Dream
- Ceado E37S
- Rancilio Rocky SD
- Hottop B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

KimH wrote:Well, there is no foam tape on the warming tray cover. It is simply metal against metal :bounce: Maybe they forgot this on my machine?
Kim
This is the foam tape on my machine. The tray edge sits directly on the tape isolating it from the frame.
116-1609_IMG.JPG
116-1609_IMG.JPG (87.07 KiB) Viewed 6677 times
116-1610_IMG.JPG
116-1610_IMG.JPG (93.53 KiB) Viewed 6677 times
KimH
Cappuccino

Post by KimH »

Thanks for the great pictures John. I will definitely get some foam tape for my machine asap. I am pretty sure that will solve my issue :smile:
Anybody else out there without foam tape, or am I the only one?

/Kim
- La Spaziale S1 Dream
- Ceado E37S
- Rancilio Rocky SD
- Hottop B

Return to “VII General Q&A”