plumbing

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
ali thomas

plumbing

Post by ali thomas »

Greetings from a newbie,

Biggest concern is the plumbing.

So many complicated set ups talked about. Can I just attach to my cold water line under the sink? The softener I will check on my water hardness, but what about a filter? or pressure gauge? or water alarm? why does chris coffee use such high PSI tubing?

I don't have special alarms for my fridge or washer etc.

Do most people hire a plumber, yet it seems like it could be straight forward?

Ali
MDL
Barista

Re: plumbing

Post by MDL »

If you are even remotely handy installation is easy to do yourself. I bought the softener system from Chris when I bought my machine. I do have a pressure regulator and gauge after the softener and carbon cartridge.

Yes, you can just use the fitting that comes from Chris to attache to your cold water under the sink.
The John Guest tubing is very high pressure but that should give you confidence that bursting is unlikely to ever be a problem given the home pressures that you will have.

I don't have an alarm, but you could get one.

My plumbing is as follows:
Connector from Chris to attach to the cold water
Shutoff valve to stop flow to the system
Softener cartridge
Carbon cartridge
"T" fitting to allow purging of water to a bucket; shutoff valve on the arm of the "T" that provides the bucket dump
Shutoff valve
Pressure regulator/gauge
Line to the Vivaldi with a final shutoff valve right before the braided hose to the Vivaldi

This is the standard Chris softener system plus an extra T, the regulator/gauge and a couple of extra shutoff valves.

Installation and upkeep is very easy and quick. The hardest part is mounting the cartridge housings, and that isn't very hard,

Good luck,
Mark
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: plumbing

Post by chas »

Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII General Q&A”