Plumbing question

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
zoomin

Plumbing question

Post by zoomin »

We just moved from our house into a rental on a temporary basis.

I am trying to decide how to plumb the Vivaldi in without causing any irrepairable damage to the kitchen.

The V will be on the kitchen island where the sink is so all sides are exposed and i cannot simply drill into the sides of the cabinets or counter top at all.

That pretty much leaves the sink.

I was going to plumb the R.O. unit in at the same time and the landlord is OK with me putting a filtered water tap in the corner of the sink.

If there was some way to tap off a filtered water tap above the sink that would work but I have never seen such a thing.

Another option would be to drill the sink as you would to add a sprayer attachment (the current faucet does not have one) but instead of a sprayer run the water line to the V. When we move out in a year I will install a sprayer and it will be better than new.

Any plumbers out there with some ideas?

Thanks.
JohnB

Re: Plumbing question

Post by JohnB »

I like the second idea. You could buy a fixture that would mount in the sprayer hole that would give you a shut off & take off for the line to the Vivaldi, then just tie that into your filter system under the sink. Go down to your local plumbing supply house & tell them what you want to do. I'm sure they can set you up.
MDL
Barista

Re: Plumbing question

Post by MDL »

Check the kitchen faucet to see how many holes it requires and also how many holes are under the mounting plate. For example, the faucet in my kitchen only requires a single hole but it is mounted with a plate that covers the 3 holes in the sink. If you have "extra" holes in the sink you can proceed with your plan 2 without having to drill the sink.

I have the John Guest tubing for my Vivaldi running from under the kitchen sink across under the dishwasher and coming out at a front corner of the dishwasher. It then runs under the front edge of the cabinet at the top of the toe kick to the end of the counter. The Vivaldi sits at the end of the counter and the braided hose runs down the outside of the counter and connects to the John Guest tubing down under the toe kick. No extra holes in cabinets or counter top.

I'm sure that you can make this work,
Mark

Return to “VII General Q&A”