Stand options?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
CanAmSteve

Stand options?

Post by CanAmSteve »

I was wondering if anyone has found a commercial stand (with knockbox and storage) that fits under the S1 and works well? - Thanks - Steve
CanAmSteve

Re: Stand options?

Post by CanAmSteve »

Looks like the Rancilio Silvia two-drawer base will just work. I'll let you know how it works out.
Endo

Post by Endo »

CanAmSteve wrote:Looks like the Rancilio Silvia two-drawer base will just work. I'll let you know how it works out.
Good idea. It would stop having to add those "stilt" legs as well. A wonder if there is another knockbox base choice out there. Something with black plastic and chrome to match nicely.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

CanAmSteve wrote:Looks like the Rancilio Silvia two-drawer base will just work. I'll let you know how it works out.
I was going to mention that one but its much shorter then the Vivaldi. The V is 16.5" deep vs about 12.75" for the base.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:Good idea. It would stop having to add those "stilt" legs as well.
That would be "Supermodel" legs! They only become "stilts" when I open them up to their full 7" length. I keep them at 4.5" so guys like you won't feel inadequate. :lol:
Endo

Post by Endo »

Since I own a "Mini" I guess I better shutup :lol:
CanAmSteve

Post by CanAmSteve »

The Rancillo stand works fine. It is *just* deep enough for all four feet to sit on comfortably. There is a slight jiggle (the S1 is a heavy beast, and I have 2"/59mm feet on mine) but seems plenty strong enough. It's 100% brushed stainless steel,
so looks good, too. One drawer has the knock bar and the other is for storage.

Very handy! - will post a photo soon
CanAmSteve

Post by CanAmSteve »

As promised -
photo of the S1 on the Rancillo base
photo of the S1 on the Rancillo base
spaz.jpg (107.58 KiB) Viewed 9444 times
photo of the S1 on the Rancillo base - Steve
Endo

Post by Endo »

Awesome :bounce:

I didn't imagine it would be such a nice match. Size looks perfect.

Ditch the stilts guys. This is much nicer.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Looks good but I still like having the open area with access to underneath & having my drawer out of site under the counter. I like that direct pour spout on the p/f! I only use the bottomless p/f but if I ever started using the stock one that would be a nice way to go.

Return to “VII General Q&A”