Brew Pressure Gauge (manometer) Retrofit?

If you have a question or comment specific to the S1 that doesn't fit in any other S1 category, submit it here.
BrewHaHa

Brew Pressure Gauge (manometer) Retrofit?

Post by BrewHaHa »

From time to time in this forum someone mentions the idea of adding a brew pressure manometer to their original Vivaldi. But I can't find any word from anyone who has actually done it. Does anyone have a report of such a mod being done?

I've made a home-made portafilter gauge, thanks to instructions here, but it would be nice to have one built in.

Thanks!

-John
Niko

Post by Niko »

I think Chas mentioned in a post some time ago that he found a round dual manometer that would fit a Spaz from EPNW. From what I remember, it was in the $60-$80 range and it looked fairly simple enough to install it. I think there's some pics on this site that show where the dual manometer is plumbed into the piping for the group reading on a VII. I'm sure some VII owners can rip the front cover off to show a closer detail if needed.
BrewHaHa

Post by BrewHaHa »

Niko wrote:I think Chas mentioned in a post some time ago that he found a round dual manometer that would fit a Spaz from EPNW. From what I remember, it was in the $60-$80 range and it looked fairly simple enough to install it. I think there's some pics on this site that show where the dual manometer is plumbed into the piping for the group reading on a VII. I'm sure some VII owners can rip the front cover off to show a closer detail if needed.
Thanks, Niko. I did see those posts.

While I'd rate my skills (and "fear factor") up to following the lead of someone who has successfully done such a mod, I don't think I've got the guts to just tear into the machine on my own. It LOOKS simple enough, but I have no prior experience working on espresso machines. (And I have this cousin Murphy who loves to drop in when I take on "simple" projects...)

Hey... didn't YOU say you were thinking of doing this mod on your older S1? ;-)
Niko

Post by Niko »

I did :oops:
I still want to do this mod, I mean upgrade...
Thing is I put my order in for a Scace II Device with Greg so I might not have to add a group gauge...
Richard

Post by Richard »

Niko wrote:Thing is I put my order in for a Scace II Device with Greg . . . .
In a word, huh? Is it available? If not, do you know when it will/might be, if ever?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Richard, I had a feeling you'd see this :D
They're not available, yet.
I spoke with Greg and I'm on the "want" list so far with Jim (Mr. World Barista Champ).
Trust me, you're the 1st person I'm going to tell when he makes a series for the Spaz.

Return to “S1 General Q&A”