Agony is Over...

If you have a question or comment specific to the S1 that doesn't fit in any other S1 category, submit it here.
Niko

Agony is Over...

Post by Niko »

Mark your calendars...
My cursed expansion valve stopped leaking today.
After a day of agony with my plumbing, cutting off the water supply to remove and check the filters and replace, etc..
The machine wasn't sounding the same, but it seems to have worked the air (or whatever was possessing it) out of its system. The pump had a funny "tinny-like" sound like it was slightly water starved or something. So, after running about a gazillion blank shots through, it worked the evil right out and "this house is clean".
Only weirdness left behind is that the expansion valve stopped leaking!
Completely.
Nada.
Not a single drop while it's on and idle between shots and after shots, only at start up.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Good news. That's pretty much the story with how my S1 expansion valve stopped leaking, too. My advice, never adjust or touch the expansion valve again!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
StuBaby

Post by StuBaby »

Congrats Niko, but you know why it stopped, don't you??? It's because you fixed your avatar. But don't get too excited. Hopefully, if your house gets sucked into a perverbial tidal pool over an indian burial ground, the spooks will spit out your Spaz (still plumbed in, of course). But after that, I'll guess you'll be hearing static coming from the portafilter after midnight.
...Boo
Niko

Post by Niko »

As long as the Spaz still works, the poltergeist can have the house. Just give me my coffee and no one gets hurt...and my grinder, roaster, and my tampers.
The machine still doesn't leak, it still leaves me scratching my head wondering what happened. Did a big air bubble finally dislodge itself after 6 months? I did notice that the machine sounds a little different while extracing shots, that siphoning torpedo pressure sound is almost completely gone whereas it used to happen with almost every shot pulled.

Return to “S1 General Q&A”