Should I buy this S1 V1???? Conversion from VI to VII

If you have a question or comment specific to the S1 that doesn't fit in any other S1 category, submit it here.
etout00

Should I buy this S1 V1???? Conversion from VI to VII

Post by etout00 »

Hi All,

I am a new member and am interested in purchasing a used Vivaldi S1 V1 model (post 2/20/2004, pre 6/2004). Given that information this model has the newer steam wand, but the old version of the motor mounts. The seller claims to have only used this machine for a few months and then placed it in storage in an office even since. I have seen pics and actually based on the pics of the external and internal components I really may even beleive this story; it looks very clean. If the machine was in fact used for a few months back in 2004/2005 and then unhooked from water and sat for 6-7 years what can I expect to look out for. Would the boilers and components still scale over (without the heating/cooling under normal operation), would there be any other issues I would have to look out for? My main concern is the motor and pump...I have seen threads on corrosion issues and wouldn't want to replace that right off the bat.

In additon the seller sent the machine to Chris Coffee for maintenance/check over prior to putting it up for sale. Receipts are included from Chris Coffee as well as operational test of the boilers (shots were pulled and milk was steamed) where it was given the ok. Also the seller has the original box from 2004 as well. In additon I only live a a few miles from Chris Coffee so getting parts is not an issue.

My plan was to buy the machine and then convert it to a VII by changing the control board, and changing to a dual guage setup. Does anyone know what that conversion would cost? The machine itself can be purchased for $700, is this a resonable price? Is there any market for selling the VI components; control board and guage/stainless panel?
What should I look for when I show up in person to view the machine?

Return to “S1 General Q&A”