New S1 and Need help!!

If you have a question or comment specific to the S1 that doesn't fit in any other S1 category, submit it here.
raverys12

New S1 and Need help!!

Post by raverys12 »

I have a Silva and just got my new S1. What a differents! The delema I have is this. When I hit the double shot I only got about an once and a half of water with no grinds ... so I went to program the amount up from the 1 1/2 oz. to about 3 oz. I ground up 16 g. of coffee in my mini at the setting I had from my Silva and installed the PF in the S1. I went to program mode and pressed the double shot button and drew until I got 3 oz of coffee ???? Then it hit me .... what the hell am I doing ... this isn't going to tell me if my grind is right ... I could of pumped water through that coffee all day. Should I have set the water flow to certain amount of free flow with now grounds and then watched the time vs the grind after that??? If that is the case .... how much would be the total fee flow to compensate for the absortion in the coffee. ... that seems to make more sense to me, but I could be looking at this wrong. I'll tell you though ... this thing runs better wrong than the Silva did right ... Your help will be appreciated. Later, Bob :lol: :
raverys12

Setting up the S1 ????

Post by raverys12 »

Replying to my own note ... D aaaa !!!! After staying up till the wee hours of the night an thinking this thing throug ... I finally got it. I'm now zeroing in on the grind setting and I think I'll have it .... machine works great ... Thanks to the folks that looked at my posting ... Later, Bob

Return to “S1 General Q&A”