Mazzer Hopper Trap Doors

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
Pryz

Mazzer Hopper Trap Doors

Post by Pryz »

I recently bought a Super Jolly from Chris' Coffee. I also bought the "mini" hopper and lid. I want to know if I can pull the "trap door" out of the standard hopper that came with the machine and put it in the "mini" hopper. Doesn't really look like it. Any thoughts from anyone?
slo
Barista

Re: Mazzer Hopper Trap Doors

Post by slo »

Mine only have a little plastic dot that prevent removal. It is only a matter of prying it out. I have done so before.
Since the part is sold alone and the Hopper cannot be taken apart there, I assume that brute force is the solution to your problem.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Pryz

Post by Pryz »

Thanks, Slo.
Pryz

Post by Pryz »

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the trap door? Does it allow you to change hoppers without emptying? Or is it something totally different?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Pryz wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the trap door? Does it allow you to change hoppers without emptying? Or is it something totally different?
Sort of, though I don't personally know anyone that has multiple hoppers. It does allow you to remove a non-empty hopper and dump those beans out either to change bean types or just to empty it out at the end of a brewing session in order to keep beans fresher.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Coffee Grinders”