Storing roasted beans

All things beans. Discussions about green and roasted coffee beans - where to purchase them, how to roast them, how best to grind them for the S1/V2/Mini/Dream/Dream T. Also, discussions about grinder and roaster hardware.
stefanolo

Storing roasted beans

Post by stefanolo »

Maybe you've heard of/read about this before but.... :smile:

A wine bottle and a home made funnel (that i made from a plastic bottle to originally pour pancake mix into a home made pancake "doser"). Pour the beans into the bottle, put in the stopper and suck out the air. Hopefully the beans will keep their flavour a little longer...we'll see :grin:

Easy peasy...or beansy ;-) A "Vacu vin" pump and stopper.
algrilli

Re: Storing roasted beans

Post by algrilli »

I use the Foodsaver and I vacuum pack beans in glass Ball jars or the clear plastic bags in the unit. I works amazingly great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Pryz

Post by Pryz »

I use a food saver as well. Seems to work.
stefanolo

Post by stefanolo »

Thanks for your input algrilli and Pryz :-) As long as one can suck out the oxygen, any form of vacuum storing is fine I think. I was looking for a FoodSaver-like or Vacu vin-like solution yesterday but couldn't find any so I thought the wine bottle was the next best thing...and the cheapest. The dark green glass also protects against the light...if that has any relevance.

Return to “Coffee Beans, Grinders, & Roasters”