Loose steam arm help - video explanation inside

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
italyhound

Loose steam arm help - video explanation inside

Post by italyhound »

When I swapped out the old steam arm for the no burn, I recall having to really turn the knob to loosen the arm's grip from the housing.

I just replaced the burn me arm back again to try out the smaller 4 hole tip and I cannot seem to tighten the arm-knob assembly. When the knob turns the entire assembly turns. I opened the cover but do not want to venture into messing around too much before asking some folks in here who know the ins and outs of the V2 entrails.

As pictures speak louder than words, here is what I am talking about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7753&hl=en

One thing I will mention is what is stopping the upward progress of the arm is the black plastic screw that attaches the side housing with the main unit. Not sure if that is relevant but I thought if I could jam the steam arm knob attachment against it, it might prevent play but I was not successful.

Thanks for any help. I cannot steam at the moment .... :albino:

Evan
JohnB

Re: Loose steam arm help - video explanation inside

Post by JohnB »

There is a nut & star washer on the steam knob shaft behind the chrome panel & a nut in front behind the knob that locks the assy. in place on the chrome panel. Remove the knob so you can access the front nut, remove the screws holding the chrome face panel & pull it forward so you can access the rear nut, then tighten the assy in place after positioning it so the steam arm takeoff is at the correct angle. Removing the knob requires popping off the rubber sleeve & lettered cover, then removing the small bolt in the center of the knob.
italyhound

Re: Loose steam arm help - video explanation inside

Post by italyhound »

Worked like a charm - grazie!

Return to “General Q&A”