OT: Firefox 3.0 and LaSpaz forum new software

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Richard

OT: Firefox 3.0 and LaSpaz forum new software

Post by Richard »

Is anyone else using the new Firefox, V.3? I'm consistently noting an oddity in this form with that browser. When I click the Board index link at the top of the page, an unformated version of that index page flashes onto the screen momentarily before the CSS layout is applied. I don't experience that in other fora using the same software, e.g., H-B.

Not a big deal, just mildly irritating, and am wondering if there's something I can change in the browser to make it behave correctly. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: OT: Firefox 3.0 and LaSpaz forum new software

Post by admin »

I've seen this a few times but not every time. I also noticed that on my VI and VII websites all the black text disappeared in FF3 - not just transparent, invisible! I use FrontPage which has it's own CSS style sheets but FF3 wasn't picking up the fact that the style sheets had the default text set to black. I had to manual change the text to black on ever page on both sites. I just finished that effort on Thursday which probably means I'll come across an easy fix any day now!

I've also have more crashes with FF3 than on FF2 so I'd say that, in spite of all the praise heaped on it, it's not 100% ready for prime time.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
hlsheppard

Post by hlsheppard »

Richard wrote:Is anyone else using the new Firefox, V.3? I'm consistently noting an oddity in this form with that browser. When I click the Board index link at the top of the page, an unformated version of that index page flashes onto the screen momentarily before the CSS layout is applied. I don't experience that in other fora using the same software, e.g., H-B.

Not a big deal, just mildly irritating, and am wondering if there's something I can change in the browser to make it behave correctly. Thanks!
I'm using 3.0 on two different computers on my home network. Both look fine for me when I click the Board Index link. (?) More Windows idiosyncrasies? :?:
Niko

Post by Niko »

I've read a lot of complaints on some Mac forums about the new Firefox as well. I've been using the new version for a week or so with so-so results on one computer, I will see how it goes before installing it on the other machines.
I don't think this browser is quite ready for prime time yet, either.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I guess Firefox automatically updated me to V3 as I never noticed it until I read this thread. No issues on my end lately unless that was what caused some of my issues when the forum switched over??

Return to “General Q&A”