The Prodigal Niko Returns

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

The Prodigal Niko Returns

Post by chas »

I heard from Niko. He's had a death in the family plus he is moving to Sacramento. He assures me he'll be back soon.

After he moves he'll have an S1 and a V2 under one roof. Can you imagine Niko with two espresso machines at once? :bounce:
Last edited by chas on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JP

Post by JP »

My condolences to Niko.

Glad to hear he'll be back. I know I just got here but this place is just not the same without his presence.

Can you imagine Niko with two espresso machines at once?
Well he'll either be serving up 120 cappas at a time now, or whip up 60 in record time. :lol:
zoey

Post by zoey »

My condolences as well.

If I had two machines.............[begin dream sequence]

I wouldn't have to walk all the way up stairs to make a drink.

I could teach one of the cats how to make drinks.

I could operate my own drive-thru out of my garage.

I would have a legitimate reason to buy a commercial coffee roaster.

I could finally build the espresso machine headboard for the bed.

[/dream sequence]
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Niko - Sorry for your loss. Good luck with the move, it can be stressful! Look forward to seeing you back on the forum.
Weska

Post by Weska »

Niko,

Sounds like you're having a period of sadness and turmoil. But we hope you will bounce back (if only to prevent our being tongue-tied in your absence).

I was having all kinds of vile fantasies, such as thinking you'd bought a GS3 and abandoned us.

Know that we have been thinking about you--a lot.
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

My condolences and best wishes
Pawel
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Weska wrote: I was having all kinds of vile fantasies, such as thinking you'd bought a GS3 and abandoned us.
Ha! I accused him of that, too, but he assures me he's not that crazy....yet.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Niko Siting

Post by chas »

I heard from Niko. He's one of several folks having trouble getting into the new forum. As soon as I get his log in straightened away, we may be hearing from him again.
Chas
Hottop P/B
EricC

Post by EricC »

chas wrote:I heard from Niko. He's had a death in the family plus he is moving to Sacramento.
Hi Niko, I have just read about your family's loss, please accept my sincere condolences, and best wishes. Also, best wishes with the house move, both happening at the same time must be a complete nightmare.

All the Best
Eric
chas wrote:
Weska wrote: I was having all kinds of vile fantasies, such as thinking you'd bought a GS3 and abandoned us.
Ha! I accused him of that, too, but he assures me he's not that crazy....yet.

Hey, I resemble those remarks. :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
Niko

Post by Niko »

Thank you all for your support.
It has been a challenge to say the least, "turmoil" sums it up. I'm still in the process of moving, it'll take a while but the hard part is losing 2 family members within 4 months :(
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

Niko,

I only know you through the board (but I consider all around here my friends), but it just isn't the same around here without you. So, welcome back, and sorry to hear about your personal challenges. I'm going through some myself right now (a divorce, and also a move to California from Minnesota and, yes, I'm keeping my Vivaldi), so I can empathsize - but your sense of humor appears to be intact- and I'm glad about that! hang in there, and let us know if you need to vent. We're here for you buddy!

Steve H.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Thanks, Steve :thumbleft:

Maybe we'll be neighbors since you're moving out to California :P
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

bluesman13 wrote: I'm going through some myself right now (a divorce, and also a move to California
Steve H.
Sounds familiar except it happened 32 years ago in my case. California is always nice after a divorce.
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

Niko, I suspect if we lived close to each other, I wouldn't be sleeping too much. :D :D :D

I actually lived in LA until 1994, when me and the family moved to Minnesota, but now that we are separating, I'm moving back to be closer to my family. This concludes this episode of "The World Turns"

Any other Spaz owners in L.A.?

Steve
alsterling

Post by alsterling »

Niko......best of luck in your life change. Sacramento is a large city area, and I have friends in several of the suburbs. I should be leaving for Sacramento on Monday, but other work projects are holding me close to home (South Orange County) for the next couple weeks. I need to see clients in the SAC area very soon, and would hope that you're settled enough to maybe shake hands and down a macchiatto? I was lucky enough to meet JonR at his home in Houston a couple months ago when there on business, and he and his wife and I had a great dinner in the area. Nice meeting someone you've chatted with online and over the phone.

Steve...I had wondered why a specialty coffee group hadn't formed here in SoCal, (bi-monthly meeting or something), but it just doesn't seem to have happened. It seems everyone is busy with life, and it's just hard to just find time. I've met a number of CG members just in my business travels throughout the Western US. I used to belong to a large group of ham operators, all working a repeater off Mt. Baldy, and we met every first Monday of the month at Keno's Rest. in Anaheim. The astrology must have been just right, because for some reason, it started at a Denny's in Glendora, and for the following 10 years we kept it going with a group that grew from 5 to over 50 regulars.

Oh well...Al
Niko

Re: The Prodigal Niko Returns

Post by Niko »

Hi everyone,

I'll be offline for a while until I get to my new home this weekend.
Lots of packing/unpacking to do.
I'll need to get an internet connection as well, a nice T3 Fiber should do it :lol:

Have lots of posting to do when I return 8)
...especially about preinfusion.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Niko wrote:Hi everyone,

I'll be offline for a while until I get to my new home this weekend.
Lots of packing/unpacking to do.
I'll need to get an internet connection as well, a nice T3 Fiber should do it :lol:

Have lots of posting to do when I return 8)
...especially about preinfusion.
Hopefully you will be back soon or else I may have to register under new names so someone answers my questions in my threads.This forum is so dead new guys are posting their Vivaldi questions on H-B.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I saw that LemurofDoom asked a question that you answered over there. He registered here a week ago but has never posted, then he posted on HB. Go figure....
Chas
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Chas - Hear anything from Niko recently?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Some of you have probably noticed by now but I'm back :grin:

Got the high speed internet going again but I don't like the provider out here. I miss the old company where they didn't care how much bandwidth you use. Imagine that, me...use too much bandwidth? :lol:
I might have to look into a commercial account for my needs.

Return to “General Q&A”