The Bottomless Portafilters Are In!

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
NewEnglandCliff

The Bottomless Portafilters Are In!

Post by NewEnglandCliff »

The professionally made bottomless (aka crotchless, naked) portafilters Dan Kehn informed us of are in! Chris Coffee has them ready now. If you enter coupon code BPD1000 on the order form you'll get $10 off, until April 1st., for a total of $49 (free shipping). A double basket is included. Mine's on order.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Mine's on order, too and one of the Mazzer Mini short hoppers.

Hopefully, most of the members of this forums are on Chris' mailing list and received the e-mail with the discount code for each.

I swapped a few e-mails with Chris yesterday. It sounds like he's had hundreds of inquiries already between the two items.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
barjohn

Post by barjohn »

Mine is on order too. I previously ordered the Marcap bean hopper as it fits the Mazer perfectly and is shorter so I didn't need the new hopper.
szrir

Count me in as well

Post by szrir »

Can't wait to see that golden brown honey like stream!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Mine arrived today - both the PF and the Mazzer hopper. There seems to be a minor design flaw in the trap door slot which results in the trap door not being able to slide in as far as it does on the original. This leaves a gap large enough for the beans to fall through rendering the feature virtually useless. However, 2-3 minutes with a small flat file or the edge of an emery board will fix it.

I've reported it to Chris and am waiting to hear after he looks into it.

It looks like the short hopper will still hold a full pound of beans. I have some photos that I'll post later.
Chas
Hottop P/B
mkc
Latte

Post by mkc »

I *think* mine's on order - submitted it the other day but haven't yet received an e-mail confirmation. I'm jealous of the folks who've already received theirs!

Michelle
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I got an e-mail from Chris last night. He was helping out in the warehouse. The PFs and Mazzer hoppers have resulted in a flood of orders!

You should see it before too long. For some reason I was still up when the e-mail announcement came in at 1AM and placed my order immediately. UPS brown from NY gets to me in MD in 2 days so if you placed an order to Texas that first day, you might get it Friday.
Chas
Hottop P/B
padillatim

Post by padillatim »

I ordered a bottomless from Chris and now have two (yes, I am nuts) and I am wondering if someone would like to trade a standard PF for my extra. Just the PF - no spout, basket or spring. It was profesionally machined, just not quite as nifty as the new ones. If you are interested, send me a private message via this forum. Thx.

Return to “General Q&A”